Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prices going up - the next episode
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theskywolf
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody - it just came to my mind that there might be a thread on the tokaiforum about my offer. So, I'm the seller of the egf 1200 from germany. I've not been on the forum for some time as the priorities in my life had changed, but I'm still in MIJ Les Pauls, up to now mainly as a player. I appreciate your discussion. And - no surprise the main topic is the price ...
t.olsen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it is...
On one side people who bought those guitars in the good old times when it still was possible to get a 1200 or 1800 for 1000usd are surprised but on the other side that's what you have to pay today for a 1200 in near mint condition and we've seen several times this year in ebay that people are willing to pay it.I remember guitars in much poorer condition going for a few hundred euros less.I bought a 1200 2 months ago and even if everybody told me that the prices went ridiculous now - I wanted a 1200 so bad,I wanted one in near mint condition and the only way when one came up was to pay the price ! The result is that I play her every day and have no regrets at all.It's exactly the guitar I was dreaming of and I am curious to see what people are paying for a near mint 1200 in 10 years
schokosapiens
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess threre are three roads one can take: buy it because the sentimental value (closely linked to what we know as GAS) is what matters to you, buy because you think you get some real value for THAT price, which I personally cannot tell because I never lay my hands on a 1200, keep away from it because you buy your guitars with a balance between real value and some sort of sentimental value (or feel, or vibe, whatever you wanna call it) and you cannot be sure about that without checking it in person.
I think it is all about the difference between value and price which usually get mixed up and are, at least, dependend on totally subjective views on what a guitar should be like, look like, sound like and mean to someone. I for one found old guitars that blew me away as well as new ones. Real good guitars won't come real cheap anyway. Problem is that afficionados of either kind do tend to think their experience can be generalised. Hope that skywolf gets what he wants and someboy buys what he dreams of buying:-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: