Tokai TE50 Wiring Help

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modland

Reaction score
Hey all, long time since a post, I swapped the bridge on my TE50 due to a previous muppet putting a hole into it for a Roland synth pickup, and the earth lead wasnt attatched, can someone show me where their's attaches to,

thanks all in advance,
John

Hi ,one end is soldered onto the back of a pot (volume pot on most Breezies) and the other end is sandwiched between the bridge plate and body (no solder needed) .Hope this helps. :)

I thought that was the case, but I am getting a buzz when using any form of distortion pedal, boss overdrive, or Marshall avt20 crunch channel, or orange rocker 30 dirty channel, more than would be expected, any ideas?

If your not getting any buzz when playing clean then your wiring must be OK. Try buying some shielding tape and line the PuP and control cavities it does help.You can buy shielding paint but that will devalue your Tokai. Check your lead ,they do deteriorate with age even if you still get a signal. Also your amp ,strip lights ,TV's ,etc can cause noise if you get to close at high gain.

N.E 7ok'll Do said:
If your not getting any buzz when playing clean then your wiring must be OK. Try buying some shielding tape and line the PuP and control cavities it does help.You can buy shielding paint but that will devalue your Tokai. Check your lead ,they do deteriorate with age even if you still get a signal. Also your amp ,strip lights ,TV's ,etc can cause noise if you get to close at high gain.

The lights on a dimmer switch on my last house caused terrible buzz

Back