Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Show me your pedal boards!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chipps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Show me your pedal boards! Reply with quote

I've just built up my latest pedal board and I'm interested to see what everyone is using and how they're all arranged... This was my old pedalboard - (ignore the twin loopers - I was using the Akai as a delay)

And now, after much faffing, rewiring and buying new pedals, I have my flash, double decker Swan Flightcase board. It's not quite finished yet, but it's on the way.

Still to come: neater wiring (from Planet Waves patch kit), a compressor that works better than my home made BYOC one, a volume pedal (bottom right) and who knows... and maybe a(nother) boost.

I justify all of these in that I play in an indie/pop band and use (nearly) all of these in our set. The Fender/BOSS reverb only gets turned on when I'm using my Ampmaker 18W clone and the looper is mainly for my own amusement.

WYG?
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine:

http://chromaticpedaltuners.com/images/PlanetWavesChromaticPedalTuner.jpg
Chipps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice
I was chatting to JohnA about this. I was perfectly happy with just a tuner for years and then I've suddenly gone pedal crazy in the last year or so.

They're slightly less expensive to buy and collect than guitars too.
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine (a bit of a mess as it's in th eprocess of being pulled apart) There's no need for 5 distortion pedals, it was 6 until recently, just sold a zvex distortron!

Chipps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say John, I believe some of these fine pedals are for sale, are they not?

I reckon I need at least one or two more distortion pedals. I don't have a fuzz (apart from the Proctavia, which doesn't really count) and I don't have a proper Rat-style distortion either...
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chipps wrote:
Nice
They're slightly less expensive to buy and collect than guitars too.

JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all for sale, having one of those mad out with the old in with the new moments which I'll probably regret and spend the next 6 months hunting down a load of old pedals

A Rat is a great 'proper' lead sound pedal, and a nice fuzz is alway's good to have, still can't beat guitar->cable->amp though
Chipps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still can't beat guitar->cable->amp though

I agree. I went to my last band rehearsal without my pedalboard just to prove that to myself. I could play absolutely every song we do with just my two channel (reverb) amp - but I do also like that extra 10% polish that pedals can give some sounds.
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chipps wrote:
still can't beat guitar->cable->amp though

I agree. I went to my last band rehearsal without my pedalboard just to prove that to myself. I could play absolutely every song we do with just my two channel (reverb) amp - but I do also like that extra 10% polish that pedals can give some sounds.

That's exactly what I did, left everything at home but a Tokai Les Paul and a Marshall and the band was very non-rock, and it sounded great, missed my delay a bit though

It felt good , made me feel like a real guitarist
DrJzT
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a slight addiction to the little stomp boxes. I could seriously get into collecting them i think.

I've created a set on flickr which details the lunacy i've gone through. I should go towards a nova station and a wah wah really. But i just love the hands on aspect of it all. this is the set

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48441708@N08/sets/72157623984102048/with/5221998454/

I've got some time off this week, so I'm going to attempt to shoe horn another two pedals on. A MXR dyna comp and a Voodoo Lab tremolo pedal. Although i do love the sound, look and size of the lovepedal pickle vibe. And i do miss my TS9...........

This is the current pedal board set up, before i've tinkered with it, again apologies on the not so good photo's.

[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/48441708@N08/5221998454/in/set-72157623984102048/
Chipps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice - and well documented. What sort of music are you playing with all that modulation and freaky oscillation pedals?

I'm now looking to buy a Wee Fuzz kit from www.diypedalkits.com - and I may, er, have just bought an old Rat pedal AND a booster... erm...

Oh, and I will have a TC Nova System for sale shortly too if you want to downscale. (I'll accept part-ex too)
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my board pictured above has now gone and been replaced with a Line 6 M9 So far so good, the individual effects are fantastic, apart from some of the drives, the whole think will fit in a gig bag, and I have enough cash left over after getting rid of all the pedals to buy a new guitar

I am a bit concerned that at gig volume I might start to notice some of the artifacts I attribute to digital modelly things like pods and the like! When I've tried modelling amps they seem to not cut through like a valve amp, but I'm quietly confident that this little thing is going to cut it!
DrJzT
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i used to play in a 8 piece funky-hip hop band. With the odd drum and bass song. I never used to used them that much to be honest. I like to think of them like spices in cooking
I should have really bought a multi effects pedal, i may look into one. I've been thinking about a Nova Station. But i just dont think you can beat the stand alone quality of individual stomp boxes. For example my friends fuzz octave up setting on his GT-10 sounds pretty dire compared to my Fulltone Ultimate Octave pedal. I dont think that the phaser sounds on the nova station would sound as good as my boss PH1-r, but i may be wrong. All i know is that the value of that pedal has gone up nearly 80% since i bought it in 2006-7
Chipps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my Nova multi effects with that in mind, but although the sounds are really very good, I don't think I have the patience to programme it all in. It would make lots of sense though - as there are a few tunes that go from 'clean with tremolo and reverb' to 'bonkers super distortion' in one go (Radiohead's Creep anyone?) - and I guess I could have three patches per song to keep it super simple and easy to work (something like 'Clean rhythm, crunchy lead and louder crunchy lead with a touch of delay - it's all possible')

Ironically, one of the things that put me off the TC Nova System, was getting the TC Nova repeater delay - it was so easy to just twiddle the knobs and get the sound that going through menus (which admittedly offer far more control) wasn't as appealing.

Perhaps I should take advantage of all this snow and programme the Nova System. That or make up lots more patch cables for my pedalboard
DrJzT
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think thats why the stomp boxes are so popular. It's the fact you can just get in, and get the sound your after. The multi effects make sense to me, if i was in say a covers band. You could just program the sound your after, and then forget about it. My problem has always been I'm drawn to effects pedals that i know a) sound bonkers b) im never going to use them in a live situation.

I do miss the Digitech synth wah, that was particularly off the wall. But i dont think my little Blues deluxe's speaker could handle the low end that pedal puts out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: