Can anyone help

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakedownmark

Reaction score
Hi

Just purchased a Tokai strat.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7303835148&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:UK:6

I know the pics are dreadful, but he sent me better ones clearly showing where the text on the headstock has faded.

The serial number on the metal plate is 229727.

Any idea of model, strat replicated and approximate year of manufacture.

It would be much appreciated.

Cheers mark :lol:

Hi Mark, welcome to the Forum & Congrats on the guitar 8) ? well you?re right, his pics are crap, and his description is useless too :eek: . I?m tempted to ask why you bought it with such lousy info, except ?. price was great & almost any Tokai is worth ?190, as long as it?s MIJ ? is it MIJ?

Check the Registry for answers to all questions about model & date etc. http://www.tokairegistry.com/tokai-info/tokai-fender.html but note that on Fender copies you have to guess the date from style of the decal & shape of headstock ? & we don?t have any pics or info. Did you ask him if frets are OK? And all working OK, any changes (eg replaced pups), and what date he thinks it is? :-?

Ian.

Hi Ian

I thought it was MIJ due to six digit number on neck plate (229727) and the fact the decal on the headstock is so faded(probably due to age), Can I have your email address and post you a copy of the pic on the faded text on the headstock.

Yeah sure, or just send me a PM ... just click one of the buttons at the foot of my posts (eg see above) :-? .

Ian.

having a few problems managing to send the image, via PM, anychance of you email address??

Also would a Korean strat have the similar serial numbers on the neck plate as a japanese one(i.e a 6 digit one like mine) ? I got the impression Korean made ones did not have a serial number on the neck plate or is this wrong ?

For email, just click the email button at the bottom of any of my posts ? though I?m really not sure what numbers the Korean Fender copies had (it's probably MIJ, I was just trying to include all possibilities) :-? .

Ian.

Latest posts

Back