Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Orville by Gibson 59
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Orville
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacco
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mono wrote:
Fair enough... Not trying to start a fight over something so mundane, it's just interesting that there is this common thought in the marketplace with no real evidence in it's support.

Regarding Orvilles/ObGs; on YJ you still see Teradas going for a lot less than Fujigens. I think it started with the thought that K Orvilles were Korean but turned out to be Terada made.
I probably shouldn't say this but as far as I can generalize: I actually prefer Teradas over Fujigens..
t.olsen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen very often sellers describe that the G in the serial means "the guitar has Gibson stock pickups...what a nonsens but I've seen it several time,one idiot is copying from another
Joop
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Orville by Gibson R59 Reply with quote

Mono wrote:
Fair enough... Not trying to start a fight over something so mundane, it's just interesting that there is this common thought in the marketplace with no real evidence in it's support.

Just wanted to share my opinion on this for what it is worth.

I have owned a '92 Terrada OBG LP and tonal qualities I would say are the same as Fujigen (but then again, I never had 2 LP's with the same configuration in terms of PU's of the both factories at any one time). However, there is where in my opinion the similarity stops.

Terada did make use of the glued-in heel part where the neck joins the body, Fujigen never did. Terada never got the "by Gibson" logo fully correct (open b and wobbly G and last n) which to me is just sloppy. These aspects make me think that the eye for detail in the Fujigen factory was just better and the level of quality control higher. I have seen an Ibanez made in Fujigen with an S stamped (indicating Second, or Rejected) and you had to find the cosmetic error with a magnifying glass).

If you get the chance, look at the inlays around the body of a 1995 Ibanez PS10 LTD guitar. I have one and it is just amazing! Also Fujigen made..

Other quality guitars such as the Greco were also made at the Fujigen factory not Terada (who else did they make guitars for?).

So, here you have a founded reason why I prefer Fujigen over Terada.

For what it's worth... )

Sunny greetings from Portugal

Joop

(who is glad he spotted a Fujigen made OBG ES335 and was even happier when it arrived on his door step)
jacco
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Orville by Gibson R59 Reply with quote

[quote="Joop"]Other quality guitars such as the Greco were also made at the Fujigen factory not Terada (who else did they make guitars for?)[/quote]

Fernandes..
Joop
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Orville by Gibson R59 Reply with quote

[quote="jacco"]
Joop wrote:
Other quality guitars such as the Greco were also made at the Fujigen factory not Terada (who else did they make guitars for?)[/quote]

Fernandes..

Hi Jacco,

I actually meant Terada, who else did they make guitars for? Greco's and Ibanez from Fujigen I already knew...

Groeten,

Joop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Orville All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: