Calling all Talbo owners

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james

Reaction score
There hasn't been that much discussion of Talbos around here. I'd be interested to hear the opinions of Talbo owners as to the positives and negatives of these guitars, particularly the older 80s models. Of course, it has nothing to do with me finding one for sale.... :wink:

James,

I have a 2001 A-150 that I really love. Only problem is the nut is to high and I plan on fixing that soon.

Ned

Hi Ned,

They're certainly cool looking guitars. How does yours sound? Does the aluminium body have a significant effect on the tone?

James

The aluminum semi-hollow body allows the guitar to sustain for days. Plus the shape really allows you into the upper registers or higher frets.

Hard to compare with my strat as my Talbo has 2 humbuckers. Sounds different from a Gibson, more clear and resonant with better highs.

Ned

Thanks Ned.

I've heard of a used 80s model with single coils for sale but was wondering if it might be a bit harsh sounding. Anyone else got any opinions?

James

I played both a wood and aluminum sss model at NAMM and on the aluminum it's not harsh just a bit brighter than the wood bodied guitar. Might not be a great blues guitar like the wood body but like I said - sustain for days.

Ned

Hmmm, sounds like it may not be the guitar for me, as I'm a bit of a blues fan. Although if it was going really cheap I'd buy it just for the look of it! I normally only like classic Fender and Gibson style stuff, but theres something about the Talbo that is very cool.

Anyway, thanks guys.

James

Latest posts

Back