****** Tokai Convention II ********

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
youami said:
Whenever you hold these conventions I really regret leaving the UK. Love that matching headstock LPB Bacchus Strat, who's is that?

Whenever there's not a convention I regret coming back to the UK!! At least you're better of 729 days out of 730 :wink:

Yep, the Bacchus is mine, it's a pretty one :D

http://amadeuscentre.co.uk/ Good news for us southern softies ! My boss having been so impressed by the fine body of men(and one women)exhibited at our second convention and dazzled by our superior instruments and sartorial flair is offering us a hall free of charge ,next November in groovy Little Venice London W9 for our third get together!Gabe :D Gabe.

bluejeannot said:
Good news for us southern softies ! My boss having been so impressed by the fine body of men(and one women)exhibited at our second convention and dazzled by our superior instruments and sartorial flair is offering us a hall free of charge ,next November in groovy Little Venice London W9 for our third get together!Gabe :D Gabe.

That's great news Gabe. :D Must have been the superior instruments as it couldn't possibly have been the sartorial flair :lol:

Dave

Now that is the best news I've heard today - better than my eBay refund. :D

The only reason that Leeds has worked so well (twice) is because of Tom getting us the room for free for 6 hours on a Saturday afternoon. I know we're all very grateful to Tom.

Getting a suitable room for free in London is even harder, & this could be just what we need. Well done Gabe - you're a star.

A Gold Star, in fact. :D

Humbucker lesters and Andre's amazing Guild are on youtube now. Strats will be up by Sunday, saving the best 'til last :wink:

After seeing the pics, my wife said, "You all look a lot thinner than last time!" :D

mirrorboy said:
Humbucker lesters and Andre's amazing Guild are on youtube now. Strats will be up by Sunday, saving the best 'til last :wink:

After seeing the pics, my wife said, "You all look a lot thinner than last time!" :D

Tell you're wife she's OK with me :wink:

stratman323 said:
mirrorboy said:
Humbucker lesters and Andre's amazing Guild are on youtube now.

Don't tell me you guys forgot to include John's GT in the LP recordings?

I'm pretty sure we did that one, it might have been filed with the P90 guitars as the other GT's were P90 models

JohnA said:
I'm pretty sure we did that one, it might have been filed with the P90 guitars as the other GT's were P90 models

I can't see it if it is - there are only 3 GTs I can see, all with P90s. Very interesting clips, I can't work out which one I like best.

So I was waiting for your LS80 after all those new LSs......but nothing. :cry:

What about Andre eh? He can even make a LP through a Marshall sound good.

:wink: :lol:

Just got home to decent internet access!! One thing is very apparent, there are no bad guitars here, they all sound very good indeed, and Andre can't get ALL the credit :wink:

That Fender Pro is an amazing amp too!!

Hi folks,

Sorry I've been quiet, just had a mad week...

I'd like to say it was really great meeting all of you guys. Thanks for treating me 'like a king' - I couldn't be happier having the chance to play all those wonderful guitars. Sorry for my rough playing though - I am sure there were musicians there that are much better than me!

Comparing my ST-60 with other goldies and having the opinion of experts was really useful. One thing I was sure after playing them all: tokai pickups, at least in my opinion, are far superior to kinman's (which I had in my guitar for comparison purposes). I already switched back by to my old 'E's and couldn't be more happy.

Also I always wondered how my old Guild would compare to top guitars. I seems it behaved considerably well. I just need to improve its look, as its finish looks quite dreadfull at the moment...

After playing all those guitars, people asked me which ones were better in my opinion... Honestly, I cannot tell for sure, but one thing I am absolutely 100% certain is that all of them are fantastic guitars and there isn't a single one that I would say it is a bad one. Congratulations to us all!

I am looking forward for the next meeting. Until there, let's 'keep on rocking in a Tokai world'!

All the best,

Andre

Ez_rider - new member and allready a legend ;)
I totally agree, there were no bad pieces. Next time we should bring some regular stock Fender and Gibson from first store in neigborhood so we can see actual difference ;)

Strat 12 took about 3 hours of frustration to upload HALLECHUFFINLUJA!!

All the videos are up now details and titles to follow. I had a problem with the camcorder disc around the time I recorded John's GT and I thought I was doing a retake but the conveyor belt of guitars was in full swing by that time :roll:

Back