****** Tokai Convention II ********

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, pics. I didn't take as many as I thought I had this year, but let's start off with the obligatory group pic.

IMG_1498c.jpg

Left to right- back:
adidos - Tony
AlanN
DaveWW
Rich from Richtone
JohnA
bluejeannot - Gabe (aka Mr. Fandango :lol: )

Left to right- front:
stratman323 - Mike
Diodibuh - Srecko
mirrorboy - Tom
Andre's wife
Ez_rider - Andre

If I have any names wrong, please let me know & I'll correct this post.

AlanN said:
Awesome, happy NGD!

I'll be looking to pick up a transatlantic this side of xmas too I think...!

Yes, that little thing rocked!! I didn't even realise it was a two channel amp prior to Saturday, and it was so loud for a 2xEL84 amp

A few guitar pics. The auto exposure on my camera doesn't seem well suited to guitars & they are all a bit over-exposed, which is a shame. But it was too cold outside to spend ages messing around with it!

IMG_1479.jpg

L to R -
2007 Tokai LS85S GT (non-UK headstock)
Bacchus BLS95 P90 GT - late '90s?
new Tokai LS160S GT - available for purchase from Richtone.

IMG_1468.jpg

This pic is for jacco :D
1984 (?) Tokai Goldstar ST60 natural
1982 Tokai Springy ST55 natural

IMG_1470.jpg

early 80s (?) Tokai Breezy TE120 (Fender decal) - modified!
Bacchus Vintage Series Tele BTE 67 BG - late '90s?

It's hardly worth posting this next one due to overexposure, but it does show the difference between the usual Tokai rosewood cap board & the slab board that (for some reason I can't work out) Tokai fitted to the Goldie ST80s.

IMG_1472.jpg

Goldie ST80
Goldie ST50

Exposure's not that awful. Thanks for showing me some of the goodies I missed. I didn't realise I wanted a gold top until now :)

The sound clips from the last convention proved to be popular, so we repeated it this year. There were only a handful of guitars there that didn't get a workout on video. Tom filmed them all, & will no doubt load them onto YouTube when he's sorted them out - there are quite a few! New member Andre volunteered to play them all for us, & he played for around a minute on each guitar, trying to demonstrate each pickup setting in turn. He played similar stuff (very nice too :p ) each time, so hopefully the videos will be a useful demonstration of how similar guitars with different pickups actually sound.

Tom's Silverface Fender Pro Reverb (is this for sale Tom?) was used for all the tests (except for the 335 types), & I believe that Andre kept the amp settings the same each time.

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

For some reasons, none of the Strats or Teles needed to be tuned, but all of the Les Pauls did! Here's John supervising the tuning.
IMG_1491.jpg

Final batch of pics from me:

IMG_1489.jpg

Gabe & Alan discuss various Gibson-y type things.

IMG_1488.jpg

Rich from Richtone and the gear he brought with him, including the amp which has already been discussed. It was good to meet Rich, but he does seem rather young for a Wishbone Ash fan, doesn't he?

:wink: :lol:

All 4 guitars & the amp are available for purchase from Richtone.

IMG_1494.jpg

Alan & Dave cause Rich to wonder what sort of bunch of lunatics he's spending his Saturday afternoon with!

IMG_1486.jpg

Foreground - a selection of mine & John's guitars, + Gabe's pint.
Behind them, on left, Alan's mate Adrian chatting to small boy belonging to the venue. On the right, Tony & Dave chat (facing us), while Gabe & Alan chat behind them.

That's your lot from me folks. 8)

AlanN said:
Bob from Tokai Europe thinks he should be able to attend. Huzzah!

So what happened to Tokai UK? That's two in a row they've missed, & they're only in Sheffield! This year we had people travelling all the way from Norwich, London & Slovenia!

I didn't take many pictures either....just a few duplicates of Mikes plus these assorted indoor pic's.

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

Johns very nice sounding & looking home built 18 watter.

IMG_0617.jpg

plus a slightly better pic of Rich's Tokais, much coveted Mesa Boogie Transatlantic & Johns pedalboard.

Guitars from left LS370, LS370, LS145S, LS150

IMG_0619.jpg

Hi all, it really was a great day. Many thanks to Andre/EZRider for demoing most of the guitars. I've got the first video up on youtube just to try a different upload format. I'm way out of my depth with all the different codecs, mpegs and formats and it's taking nearly 20 mins to upload. I'll have the other Teles, Lesters and Strats posted by the end of the week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrKrjCzDRn0

finally back in Slovenia ;)
thanks all guys for great time, specially John who pickups up at the airport and was our cab driver to hotel. I really spent great time in UK and if there will be no Tokai convention I wouldn't be there. So thanks again ;)
BTW - Leeds is great city, definitelly worth of spending couple of days there.
I was most impressed with Mesa Transatlantic and LS370, man, I really need to put this on my Christmas wishlist ;) Santa, can you hear me?
I also liked A LOT Alan's 339, fantastic guitar. Gibson still knows how to make a good piece. John's LS sounds great and I forgot to try Navigator... Definitelly too many guitars ;)
I took couple of pictures but nothing really special, you guys allready shows everything.
BTW - Leeds at night after Tokai show was really great, I didn't drink as much beer in a year! Thanks againg guys for great show and great company.

Whenever you hold these conventions I really regret leaving the UK. Love that matching headstock LPB Bacchus Strat, who's is that?

youami said:
Love that matching headstock LPB Bacchus Strat, who's is that?

That's John's. And yes, it is nice. :D Soundclips should follow soon once Tom has finished sorting them - we did have a few Strats there to get through.....

:wink:

And I agree - that is a nice pic of Alan's ES.

Latest posts

Back