NGD - Burny RLG-50

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wulfman

Reaction score
It is a 2-month delayed NGD here at the new Wulfman abode in Tokyo and I wanted to share with someone. We just got moved in and I brought back the mystery snakeskin-dressed Burny (before pictures here:http://item.rakuten.co.jp/miyajimusic/ka-g06121011/) home from the in-laws in Yokohama. First impressions unplugged: Perhaps not the highest end Burny to be found however this thing is a solid Les Paul and has great sustain and sound. Pickups look to be gold-backed with no numbers and the contol cavity has green chicklets so I am thinking I have a RLG-50 plain top. It is in really good shape and possibly had a fret dressing since there are no fret dents. In person the snakeskin looks cheap and just wasn't doing it for me so after a trip to Ochanomizu for a few parts the Burny got a bit of a restoration and a photo shoot today. Good thing in Tokyo that Fernandes parts are readily available and a perfect fit. This is my first Burny and I bought it on a whim but I think it may be hard to part with. Nice aged metal parts and a lot of tone mojo. Here are some pics, the sunlight really brings out the reddish/orange tinge:
(Pics down below now...)

Cheers all.

Wulfman

Looks great! Really nice subtle grained plain top on that one - nice colour too. Snakeskin could've been cool if you had the hat and boots to match :wink: Would be great to hear some clips. :D

Dave

Nice, I really like the color!
Is it possible to shoot some pics of the pup cavities too?

Oh so nice! Glad you chucked the snakeskin!!!

One day I will have to add an RLG-50 to the inventory...

Here are a couple of shots of the front p/u cavity:

Sound of this thing is great straight into the Blues Junior. With the volume at 12 o'clock it is perfect for on the edge OD. The pickups measured 6-6.5 ohms with my crappy meter but are sweet sounding and really responsive.

Now I have some repairs to do, as the nut came loose when I rewound the strings. Looks to be a simple re-glue job. Would there be any luthiers or luthiers-in-training who could let me know what kind of glue to use?

Latest posts

Back