****** Tokai Convention II ********

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's not far off. I hope you have all put new strings on the guitars you're bringing? Did my last one yesterday.

8)

Well, I break one on a guitar every what... ten to twelve months? :D

(I usually have elixirs on them, so can get away with that on everything but my main two).

Yeah I often leave strings for a year or so before changing them, but I just thought it would be nice if my guitars at the convention all had strings of a similar age to make comparison more meaningful.

stratman323 said:
Yeah I often leave strings for a year or so before changing them, but I just thought it would be nice if my guitars at the convention all had strings of a similar age to make comparison more meaningful.

Dedication!! I thought I'd just make sure mine all had six strings on them :wink:

Still really gutted that I can't make it this year! Hope to see some great photos and footage after the event though. If the last one is anything to go by this should be a real cracker.

In the meantime my poor little Goldies and Breezy will be sitting forlornly alone. :-?

I can't believe I've only just seen this thread. I might even be able to make it.
I seem to have missed seeing where in Leeds it's taking place though - any reminders?
I only have a scruffy old Springy and a TA35 amp (that's non-Fender anyway) to bring. I'll even have (finally) sold my Edwards Jr by then...

Chipps said:
I can't believe I've only just seen this thread. I might even be able to make it.
I seem to have missed seeing where in Leeds it's taking place though - any reminders?
I only have a scruffy old Springy and a TA35 amp (that's non-Fender anyway) to bring. I'll even have (finally) sold my Edwards Jr by then...

PM Sent

A scruffy Springy will be very welcome. 8) Is the amp one of those little Tokai ones that JohnA likes?

stratman323 said:
A scruffy Springy will be very welcome. 8) Is the amp one of those little Tokai ones that JohnA likes?

The amp used to be JohnA's :wink: and +1 on the scruffy Springy, shame about the Edwards would have like to have tried that.

I will do my best to make it to Leeds and bring my red ST-60. Will also bring my '73 Guild M-75 (LP copy) as never had the chance to compare it side by side with any other LPs.
Haven't heard from anyone bringing basses. Would love to see some Jazz Sounds there...

Andre

Dear friends, I'm sorry I have not been in touch for a long time. I only found out recently and it looks like I will have to make my apologies as I will be at the match on Sunday and used up my permit last weekend to go to Joe satriani.

I was hoping to bring my Peruvian metallic Red Springy with matching headstock and it's 'surf green' goldie sister. I would have also brought my metallic red Fender MIJ to see if I could tempt anyone to buy it!

I will see if I can make it for an hour or two but if I dont make it, have a pizza and beer for me.

If I had been paying attention I could have got a prototype strat book (I havent forgotten!) to garner some more orders from you. I look forward to the photos. Enjoy!!

iainblack said:
I was hoping to bring my Peruvian metallic Red Springy with matching headstock and it's 'surf green' goldie sister. I would have also brought my metallic red Fender MIJ to see if I could tempt anyone to buy it!

I will see if I can make it for an hour or two but if I dont make it, have a pizza and beer for me.

I really hope you can make it Iain. We already have a few duo/group pics I hope to get:
Natural Goldie & natural Springy
2 pink Goldies - different pinks!
3 P90 GT LPs

& I was hoping to add your red Springy & my identical Goldie, as well as your SO Goldie & mine - the with & without matching headstcok pic. They might even look good in your book......

And of course it would be great to see you again - getting us close to the original line-up from the first do.

So if you can get to us before 6, that would be great. 8)

Be grateful you don't have the full length of the M1 to face. :cry:

Hi Guys

First time attending this place - is it relatively easy to spot off the road?
Will be arriving courtesey of TOM TOM.

What time are peeps getting there for approx?

Not too bad to get there. The venue itself is dead easy to spot if you get on that road. If you get lost, give me a ring (will PM you my number) as i'll have a local with me who can direct you; plus I lived in Leeds for a few years so I think I'll have a decent idea too.

I'm aiming to get there for 12.

Back