A rare bird indeed

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

villager

Reaction score
just got this, 3 of them made for the 1994 tokyo guitar show, and featured on the front cover of the 1994 ObG catalogue,

8lbs 8ozs, solid flametop, custom bindings, long tenon, 57 classics, fujigen made, has the number 1 in the PU cavity

DSCF8117.jpg

DSCF8111.jpg

DSCF8110.jpg

DSCF8108.jpg

DSCF8117.jpg

Wow :eek: ! Congratulations ! I wonder how you lucky ******* find such rare guitars :wink: one of three...

Is it refretted or all original and produced without fret edge binding ?

with that strip of mahogany it looks like a neck through ;)
But I assume that if you say about a long neck tenon, it obviously must not be NTB. But is that a mahogany veneer over a flame top?

Has the guitar something to do with those Orvilles :

http://www.japanvintageguitars.com/images/large/OBG%20LP%20Rose%20Top.jpg

http://www.japanvintageguitars.com/images/large/Orville%20By%20Gibson%20Walnut.JPG

or are they other special releases ?

That double binding on the neck is SEX. Do want!

You'd have thought they'd have made a mahogany TRC for it... :(

t.olsen said:
Wow :eek: ! Congratulations ! I wonder how you lucky ******* find such rare guitars :wink: one of three...

Is it refretted or all original and produced without fret edge binding ?

Its all about being prepared to pay when there is something offered :wink:

villager said:
all original, because I don't think the lines in the binding on the neck would have worked so well with FEB

Not true...the custom ordered Greco's I have seen had the triple binding with feb and it looked fantastic but that is my opinion :)

the lines on the neck not the body..

3 or 5 made according to one of my sources in Japan who saw them at the show in 1994, he is not sure if there were 3 or 5 on display.

Why would there be FEB on the body lol?
I have to try and dig up some pics of the FEB on the triple neck binding on a few Greco's. I am sure I can find some picks from the list of expired Yahoo guitars to show you.

Very well...let me search my 1000+ list of ended guitars here and see if the auction pics are still up lol. I saw both a Les Paul style as well as a F Hole Acoustic and ES175 custom order Greco with the double binding and FEB. It looks gorgeous too.

Back