New Burny Questions

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows about the quality, etc...of the newer Burny guitars. I am looking at a RLG/RLC-45 and they seem to be of a high quality. Anybody know anything for sure???
Cheers!
8)

I bought one about a year ago thru Ishabashi. I thought I had really stumbled onto something. Having owned a bunch of older Burny/Greco/Orvilles, I was curious to see what a brand new one was. It was mostly a disappointment. Had the correct shape headstock, body is a little thinner. some kind of mystery wood with a laminated flame top. Pups and hardware, fair. It was 400something dollars, plus 110.00 shipping. No case. I kept it 3 weeks and ebayed it at a smal loss. It was no better/worse than any other 3-400 dollar LP copy. Be careful. From time to time some of the better known Ebay sellers in Japan will try and dump these things. They always say they are "90's models " when in fact they are brand new. Save your money and buy an 80's model.

The new guitars aren't made in Japan anymore, they come from China. That said, paying $400+ for it doesn't seem that great a deal to me.

Thanks for the input! I think it would be nice if Fernandes were to note this info on their website....From the looks of it, you would assume the instruments are made in Japan and are of good quality. Oh Well, I just scored a Tokai LS75S with P-90's which should keep me happy for a bit...Beyond that I think I'll stick to the oldies. Along with the Tokai, I also have a 78 Greco 72 Thinline RI Tele and a 77 Greco "Early Sixties" Strat....

8)

only the BURNY RLC-100, the RLG-90 and the RSA-100 are 100% Made in Japan. And the new Japanese Burny will have serial number stamped on the back of the headstock. their build are just as good as the old ones..

I just got Burny RLC-45 and kinda impressed with sound and quality :). It has serial number stamped on the back of the headstock, btw.

Latest posts

Back