Greco Les Paul Custom Hardware

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darrenw5094

Reaction score
I just bought 2 Japanese Greco Les Paul Customs recently. I am an LP fiend at the moment. :D One is a '81 and the black one is an '89.

I will be putting in new gold covered pickups in both, probably Bare Knuckle Mules or VHII's. But i was wondering if i could change the bridge and tailpiece for new gold parts. What sizes are the Greco bridge and tailpiece and where would i buy these?????

If you just want to replace the bridge or tailpiece, so not the studs, you can buy anything you want. If you want to replace the studs for some reason they must have metric thread, not inch like a G****n.

The '81 Greco has a zinc tailpiece and a tunematic bridge with wire over the saddle screw heads. So maybe you want to replace the tailpiece with an aluminium one and the bridge with a more vintage correct (pre '62) one.
Although in appearancew not vintage correct, Faber products will often enhance note definition, clarity and sustain because they 'lock' the TP and bridge. I use those on most of my MIJs.

In the past I have bought these for 80's Greco restorations and they were drop in replacements. I believe they are made by Gotoh?

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_Tune-o-matic_bridges/ABR-1_Tune-o-matic_Bridges_and_Parts/ABR-1_Tune-o-matic_Bridge.html

Back