Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pathetic Addict Buys "History" LP-Based Guitar
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I paid 30,000 yen for my Cool-Z, they do not sell for the same prices other MIJs sell for, even the top ends I mean $600.00 for my BATT-20...Honduras body, Timeless Timber top, lacquer finish, Duncan p`ups and the original case that had the custom shop certificate. I only got the Cool-Z because it was so cheap...don`t get me wrong, still a great guitar for that price...but I prefer the Timeless Timber models, they are higher ends.
50,000 is ballpark for those guitars like the semi hollow, around here anyways, I`m not in a big city like Tokyo so fewer people looking and shop staff don`t always know what they have, I should have paid double for that BATT-20 so luck has played a huge role in the things I bought over the years here. Lots of folks in Japan are feeling the pinch right now, maybe the seller needed 50,000 in a hurry...don`t know, but local used gear places seem to be getting full in the area. Lots of junk but the occasional gem mixed in too.
TheNewSteveH
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the 335 copy was a better deal, although the brand-new ZLS was definitely a bargain.

Wish I could just walk into a shop and haggle, but when you live in the US, all you have is the Internet, and most of the Japanese electrics over here are beaters.

It sure beats paying three times the money for a Gibson with paint drips and a wavy neck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: