Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Bacchus BST-64V on the way
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: New Bacchus BST-64V on the way Reply with quote

Just picked this little number up. Looks pretty close to mint..... full report when it arrives:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330467225966&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice score Marcus!
Diodibuh
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great guitar! Looks just like by BST62. How do you know it's BST64?
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a bloody nice looking Strat - my favourite look for a Strat actually!

Could be a BST-62V the rosewood board looks thicker than a veneer cap type board, although Bacchus have always done thicker veneer boards than Fender or Tokai.
stratman323

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diodibuh wrote:

Scratchplate screws are in '64 postion, like most Tokais. And it has a cap board - so BST-64V.

Another Sunburst Strat eh Marcus? How many is that now? I guess the white one you bought made an impression? ?550 - not a bad price either.

Mike
Dave_Mc
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice!
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks boys..... yeah, it is a 64V..... just like the white one I bought from Rich.... just not a relic. The white one has quickly become my favorite strat..... the tone is amazing. When I saw this one at that price, couldn't resist.

Yeah, another sunburst (think I this will make 8 in the stable) but they all look the same to my wife
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
Thanks boys..... yeah, it is a 64V..... just like the white one I bought from Rich.... just not a relic. The white one has quickly become my favorite strat..... the tone is amazing. When I saw this one at that price, couldn't resist.

Yeah, another sunburst (think I this will make 8 in the stable) but they all look the same to my wife

I stood a new white Strat in my music room last week, the missus didn't even give it a second glance
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
Diodibuh wrote:

Scratchplate screws are in '64 postion, like most Tokais. And it has a cap board - so BST-64V.

It's far thicker than any Fender or Tokai rosewood veneer boards, and it looks to be flat bottomed. I don't know if Bacchus have ever done a proper maple neck with a curved rosewood veneer board.

It doesn't look like this:

Which is what most Tokais look like?

I'm not saying it isn't a BST-64, I'm saying it's Bacchus' 64 Strat which is different from many Fenders and Tokai 64s.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVsearch wrote:

I'm not saying it isn't a BST-64, I'm saying it's Bacchus' 64 Strat which is different from many Fenders and Tokai 64s.

Exactly.... it's their version..... it's not a historical reproduction. I love the neck on the white one.... it's fairly chunky like a 65 and nothing like a 62.

On that note, on the Bacchus 62, for those of you who have or have played one, do they have the slim profile that the Fender 62's do?

Do the Bacchus 50's strats have correct V neck profiles?
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a BST-54 and a 57, both have very similar fat V necks, I've played a 62 and a 64 and the neck profiles both felt the same to me, a C profile that was quite a bit chunkier than a Tokai C profile
stratman323

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVsearch wrote:
It's far thicker than any Fender or Tokai rosewood veneer boards, and it looks to be flat bottomed. I don't know if Bacchus have ever done a proper maple neck with a curved rosewood veneer board.

If you look at the headstock pic of Marcus's new guitar, it's quite clearly a cap board. Bacchus seem to use the earlier version of the cap board - the thicker board Fender used in late '62 & '63, but there's very little in it. So it IS a "proper maple neck with a curved rosewood veneer board".
stratman323

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
On that note, on the Bacchus 62, for those of you who have or have played one, do they have the slim profile that the Fender 62's do?

Having searched for 20 years now, I think I can be fairly certain that the slimmest necks on any Strat or Tele 60s RIs or copies are to be found on the US62RI Strats & Teles. And the earliest ones seem to be the slimmest. The MIJ 62RI Strats & Teles are noticeably chunkier.

The next slimmest are the rosewood board Goldies. The fattest necks I have seen on this type of guitar are made by Bacchus.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
JVsearch wrote:

If you look at the headstock pic of Marcus's new guitar, it's quite clearly a cap board. Bacchus seem to use the earlier version of the cap board - the thicker board Fender used in late '62 & '63, but there's very little in it. So it IS a "proper maple neck with a curved rosewood veneer board".

I'll get some more pics in when it arrives.
jacco
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused now; veneer, cap, slab.. I always thought if the rosewood board was flat bottomed it's called a slab board, curved (which is also thinner) is called veneer, right? So what is a cap board?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: