London Prices

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McRonson

Reaction score
I was in London's Denmark Street this February and I was shocked at the prices of the MIJ Love Rocks - ca. ?900.00 on average!

Bit of a shock compared to prices of Tokais where I live which is about ?600.00 for an MIJ Love Rock, etc. Anyone else shocked by the discrepancy in RRP for these fab guitars?

McRonson said:
I was in London's Denmark Street this February and I was shocked at the prices of the MIJ Love Rocks - ca. ?900.00 on average!

Correct price...well done Denmark street. :)

How much were the Gibsons in Denmark street...?1,800.00?

?1,800.00 for Gibsonson Denmark St.?

Probably. I'm in Glasgow and XXXXXX do 'em for ?600.00 or so.

Is that cheap? Being crapola at guitar and already owning an SG Special White Faded, I can't justify another expensive guitar...or can I?

Diamond said:

Both Macaris shops had Gibsons, & I think ?1800 was around the starting price, they were mainly around ?2000 to ?2300. Mind you, Macaris have always been expensive, even for the West End.

McRonson said:
Bit of a shock compared to prices of Tokais where I live which is about ?600.00 for an MIJ Love Rock, etc. Anyone else shocked by the discrepancy in RRP for these fab guitars?

I for one, have no clue where you live.... it would be nice if you put that on your profile.

stratman323 said:
Diamond said:

Both Macaris shops had Gibsons, & I think ?1800 was around the starting price, they were mainly around ?2000 to ?2300. Mind you, Macaris have always been expensive, even for the West End.

That's what I thought.

In general, Tokais cost about half of what Gibsons cost.
In SAfrica a LP Standard costs, after store discount, around R 26,000..a Tokai LS98F about R 12,500

Let's put it this way...I wish I had my own music stores. :D

Latest posts

Back