Fernandes Super Strat on ebay?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gasp100

Reaction score
Anyone have any history or info on this Fernandes superstrat from the 80's? I'm intrigued because it has the correct headstock and the price seems pretty low, even with shipping from Japan. I had a Fernandes strat (mid-90's MIJ) and it was actually a REALLY cool guitar (different headstock though). I'm looking for a lower priced, MIJ Strat.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350382344493&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

What do you think?

zepping said:
Ebony fretboard? Wow! :D I like this one!

How can you tell it's an ebony board? I mean, it's very possible being the entire guitar is deep black, but you never know with these MIJ guitars. I agree it looks similar to the Brad Gillis guitar, but there is very little specs available (at least in the seller's ad) as usual.
I'll ask him some questions and see the type of reply I get. That should undercover some more info to see what type of deal this might or might not be.

Gasp100 said:
zepping said:
Ebony fretboard? Wow! :D I like this one!

How can you tell it's an ebony board? I mean, it's very possible being the entire guitar is deep black, but you never know with these MIJ guitars. I agree it looks similar to the Brad Gillis guitar, but there is very little specs available (at least in the seller's ad) as usual.
I'll ask him some questions and see the type of reply I get. That should undercover some more info to see what type of deal this might or might not be.

Oh, I did a little internet snooping around . . .

These came in red (from what I've read, maybe more colors?) and black, with ebony fb's.

Back