Tokai tube amps?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tick-tok said:
hi there all, just registered to the forum and was quite interested in this topic. i bought an amp a while ago that is apparently a prototype for the matamp spirit. it has a matamp badge on the back (nothing on the front). this one is actually built on two circuit boards rather than p-t-p, but the traces are nice and thick! it has reverb but no attenuator. the circuit boards have matokai etched on them and the serial number is tc1. it has tokai ce etched into the undercover. controls are volume tone reverb. i think its a lovely sounding little thing and my go to practise/recording amp. i can post some pictures if anyone is interested?..now i need a nice old tokai lawsuit to go with it! peace groovers

Hi Tick-tok,

Welcome to the forum!

The name Matokai etched on the circuit board would go some way to confirm that the amps are a hybrid Tokai and Matamp.

Photo's of the amp would be really great.

As I mentioned in my earlier posting, the amp I saw at the North West Guitar show was one like yours, with reverb. It sounded great with the a Nigel Crinson relic tele going through it.

Regards,

Chris

hey chrisheyes, yep i can get some pictures together this afternoon! i don't really use photobucket, is there a way to put them straight into this thread? if not i'll upload to my myspace pictures and then post a link. that wont create any problems will it? i've been on forums before that wont let you link myspace or personally created music! just spotted a surf green tele copy that would match up with it nicely...well...in a sickly 50's sweet-shop kinda way! :p
thank you for your welcome to the forum! peace

tick-tok said:
hey chrisheyes, yep i can get some pictures together this afternoon! i don't really use photobucket, is there a way to put them straight into this thread? if not i'll upload to my myspace pictures and then post a link. that wont create any problems will it? i've been on forums before that wont let you link myspace or personally created music! just spotted a surf green tele copy that would match up with it nicely...well...in a sickly 50's sweet-shop kinda way! :p
thank you for your welcome to the forum! peace

Photobucket enables you to embed photo's/ images into the posting, you don't have to click on a link. I use it as it easier for the reader, they don;t have to click on a link. however, if you can't do that, then a link to where they are is fine.

Chris

Great looking amp Tick-toc

The additional line outs for 16 and 8 ohm speaker cabinets are a bonus on yours, they're not on my version.

Nice one, enjoy your amp

It's now time for you to try a tokai guitar through it :wink:

Chris

thanks for the kind words dude, its a great little amp! sounds great through a 12 cab! its not quite a tokai but i've just turned an old tele copy into an esquire and it sits with the amp beautifully...yucky surf green to really pump up the kitsch! i don't need the 16 ohm out or the foot switch so i'm hoping to get a tech friend (its a little above me!) to add a line out with dummy load and an attenuator...fun fun fun!

tick-tok said:
thanks for the kind words dude, its a great little amp! sounds great through a 12 cab! its not quite a tokai but i've just turned an old tele copy into an esquire and it sits with the amp beautifully...yucky surf green to really pump up the kitsch! i don't need the 16 ohm out or the foot switch so i'm hoping to get a tech friend (its a little above me!) to add a line out with dummy load and an attenuator...fun fun fun!

Tick-tok

Matamp already make an external attenuator for ?45+ p&p !!

Get in touch with them and they'll sort you out.

Check out this link:-

http://officialmatampownersclub.yuku.com/topic/3940/t/Matamp-Little-Rock.html

Chris

For an attenuator for any valve amp up to about 25W try one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/L-Pad-Attenuator-100W-8-Ohm-Wirewound-/380214250543?pt=UK_AudioVideoElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_HiFiSpeakers&hash=item5886890c2f

I use one with my Marshall 18W and they sound great!!

Latest posts

Back