ID needed on 1982 Tokai LP.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krank

Reaction score
http://www.dba.dk/elguitar-tokai-les-poul/id-68243616/

Model and value?

hi
der mangler love rock logo p? hoved ,,,,, og jeg tror ikke tuners er originale ,,,, der skal st? tokai bag p? dem .....
all the best
otto

muccax said:
hi
missing love rock logo on the main ,,,,, and I do not think tuners are original,,, who must stand Tokai behind them

all the best
otto

I love translation prgramms ;)

hi
sorry ,,, i am thinking it is missing it logo on the head ,,,, and the tuners are not original ,,,,,
:D :D :D
all the best
otto

Yes, probably the logo came off, I have a guitar from this year and these "love rock" logo are quite fragile.
Now a LS50 is a lower range of the Love Rock models in 1982, but even in the lower range, the guitar could be interesting at all.

Bump!

Would love some input on this model and an estimated value.

Krank said:
Thanks! What are the specs for this model/year?

2 or 3 piece body with 3 piece top, poly finish
1 piece neck/tenon (usually, but there are some with 2 pieces at the tenon)
14 degree headstock angle
Mahogany body and neck (some have been found to be made of other lighter wood)
No fret edge binding (who'd care anyway?)
Gotoh PAF pickups
Tokai stamped tuners, Japanese stop tail and ABR

This model shows signs of 70s Gibson influences in the headstock angle and some of the clowny cherry burst finishes.

Yes, they are the base model so the key is not to pay too much for one.
For myself, I would not pay over 45k yen for any 1982 Love Rock, but I would pay more (approx 70k) for the earlier Reborn or Reborn Old. If it's one of the strange "inkie" ones I wouldn't pay more than 30k.
The problem is buying over the web, if I could audition the individual guitar and really loved it then I would pay more, but sight unseen, no chance. Going through a dealer is safer, but remember, they usually keep the best ones for themselves! :wink:

JVsearch said:
Krank said:
Thanks! What are the specs for this model/year?

2 or 3 piece body with 3 piece top, poly finish
1 piece neck/tenon (usually, but there are some with 2 pieces at the tenon)
14 degree headstock angle
Mahogany body and neck (some have been found to be made of other lighter wood)
No fret edge binding (who'd care anyway?)
Gotoh PAF pickups
Tokai stamped tuners, Japanese stop tail and ABR

This model shows signs of 70s Gibson influences in the headstock angle and some of the clowny cherry burst finishes.

Yes, they are the base model so the key is not to pay too much for one.
For myself, I would not pay over 45k yen for any 1982 Love Rock, but I would pay more (approx 70k) for the earlier Reborn or Reborn Old. If it's one of the strange "inkie" ones I wouldn't pay more than 30k.
The problem is buying over the web, if I could audition the individual guitar and really loved it then I would pay more, but sight unseen, no chance. Going through a dealer is safer, but remember, they usually keep the best ones for themselves! :wink:

Thanks!

JVsearch said:
Yes, they are the base model so the key is not to pay too much for one...

But then again, they aren't making any more of them!

You just have to watch that you don't pay too close to the price of a higher model like a player grade LS-80 or something which would probably be a better choice if it's going to be your only LP. Then you've got the new LS-160 LPs that get glowing reports around these parts, and are in the price range of the old LS-80s.

That one looks quite nice actually, I like tobacco burst a lot. Not really enough pics, but it seems to be a regular LS-50 Love Rock 1982 with changed tuners as others have pointed out. Can you check it out in person?

jacco said:
wow! he's asking 875 euro = 1120 USD for a 1982 LS-50...

That pretty much illustrates my point exactly, that's a very high price when compared to the two LS-80s that were listed here recently.
It's also too close to a new LS-160 IMO, where you know you're getting the long tenon, nitro top coat, and perfect frets etc.

But that's vintage guitar buying I guess! If you have to ask the price or negotiate, they often don't want to know you...

Although, isn't Sweden really expensive for stuff?

hi
if you buy a guitar from a non eu contry ,,,,, you will have to pay 35-40 % in tax :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: in denmark ,,,,,
i hate it ,,,,, but what can you do about it :D :D
all the best
otto

Latest posts

Back