Tokai VX-55?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayleighS

Reaction score
A while ago I asked for help identifying my guitar from a page out of a 1984 catalog. The guitar on that page turned out to be a Tokai VX-55. But now I'm not so sure anymore if my guitar is the same as the one from the catalog. And since I'm planning on selling the guitar, so I can buy a new one I want to be absolutely sure about the model and type. So I figured I better make some photos of my guitar instead of using the catalog page for identification. So would anyone be so kind to tell me if my guitar is indeed a vx-55? (http://brochures.yokochou.com/guitar-and-amp/tokai/1984/en_11.html)
Thank you!

btw: Serial Number on the back is: 4017101

p8120244.jpg

p8120240.jpg

p8120239v.jpg

p8120236.jpg

Based on the catalog information, it looks like a VX-45 to me. The VX-65 has a Kahler/FLoyd Rose style tremolo with locking nut. The VX-55 had only one pickup with the Kahler and locking nut.

Thanks! That was really helpful. I'm still learning a lot about guitars, so it's good to know what makes the difference between a VX 45 and 55. Thanks again!

Sorry for the bump, but, I felt this could be helpful.

Looking at the serial number, seeing as it starts with the number 40, I would assume the guitar is probably from 1985, where they made the VX 40.

I'm also interested in how much you would be looking for for the guitar?

Back