Tokai VX-55?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayleighS

Reaction score
A while ago I asked for help identifying my guitar from a page out of a 1984 catalog. The guitar on that page turned out to be a Tokai VX-55. But now I'm not so sure anymore if my guitar is the same as the one from the catalog. And since I'm planning on selling the guitar, so I can buy a new one I want to be absolutely sure about the model and type. So I figured I better make some photos of my guitar instead of using the catalog page for identification. So would anyone be so kind to tell me if my guitar is indeed a vx-55? (http://brochures.yokochou.com/guitar-and-amp/tokai/1984/en_11.html)
Thank you!

btw: Serial Number on the back is: 4017101

p8120244.jpg

p8120240.jpg

p8120239v.jpg

p8120236.jpg

Based on the catalog information, it looks like a VX-45 to me. The VX-65 has a Kahler/FLoyd Rose style tremolo with locking nut. The VX-55 had only one pickup with the Kahler and locking nut.

Thanks! That was really helpful. I'm still learning a lot about guitars, so it's good to know what makes the difference between a VX 45 and 55. Thanks again!

Sorry for the bump, but, I felt this could be helpful.

Looking at the serial number, seeing as it starts with the number 40, I would assume the guitar is probably from 1985, where they made the VX 40.

I'm also interested in how much you would be looking for for the guitar?

Latest posts

Back