• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bacchus telecaster

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnA

Reaction score
Bacchus Vintage Series tele, Factory badged as 'Bagtone', few dings but plays and sounds great! No fret wear 600 pounds posted to UK, most of Europe add 20 pounds.

DSC01994.jpg

DSC01993.jpg

DSC01992.jpg

DSC01991.jpg

I couldn't help but do a "Bagtone" search. All I found was this:

http://www.j-guitar.com/sp/sea/view_detailt.cgi?pid=12480503

Looks like an interesting brand connected to Deviser. I would like to learn more. Maybe very limited special production stuff. Anyone know anything about these.

Deviser brand guitars with all sorts of names, Bacchus, Momose, Bagtone, Sonix to name but a few, makes tracking info down on specific sub-brands all the more difficult.

Looks V Nice! Will be a special shop order for sure.

Would be very tempted if I didn't have a tele already.

Dave

DaveWW said:
Looks V Nice! Will be a special shop order for sure.

Would be very tempted if I didn't have a tele already.

Dave

Same here but it looks EXACTLY like my Fender 52 reissue. Bagtone.... something oddly cool about that name. Nice axe

Freebird said:
I couldn't help but do a "Bagtone" search. All I found was this:

http://www.j-guitar.com/sp/sea/view_detailt.cgi?pid=12480503

Looks like an interesting brand connected to Deviser. I would like to learn more. Maybe very limited special production stuff. Anyone know anything about these.

My guess (from reading the original YJ listing) is that this is exactly the same level of quality as a Bacchus Vintage Series Tele with a lacquer top coat only, and a small run were made with certain specs (fat neck) at the request of a music shop or distributor.

It's only a guess but that is far more likely than some sort of high end Bacchus brand, but it's possible.

Sonix are made by Deviser but I don't believe that Deviser own the brand - they're certainly not listed on the Deviser website along with Bacchus, Momose, Headway, Seventy Seven, STR etc.

In the end, there is no info on the web at all, and I just think that a premium official Deviser brand would have something out there.

It appears to be prety much 'vintage series' specs, it does have a big fat neck though, maybe even a little bigger the my 54/57 Bacchus Strats

Wow, that's a nice chunk of tree you have there. :D Ash, I assume? Is it one piece?

Back