Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

some commentary needed on edwards page relic pots....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rick66
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: some commentary needed on edwards page relic pots.... Reply with quote

i've been wondering this for awhile and haven't found much info out there on the pots specific to this guitar. and yes, it does have the super switching. has anyone determined if upgrading the pots on this is worthwhile? and if so, where did you buy them and what kind are they (long/short shaft.) did you do any other mods outside of swapping the pup's that you thought improved the overall tone of the guitar?

thanks for reading and comments.........
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: some commentary needed on edwards page relic pots.... Reply with quote

rick66 wrote:
i've been wondering this for awhile and haven't found much info out there on the pots specific to this guitar. and yes, it does have the super switching. has anyone determined if upgrading the pots on this is worthwhile? and if so, where did you buy them and what kind are they (long/short shaft.) did you do any other mods outside of swapping the pup's that you thought improved the overall tone of the guitar?

thanks for reading and comments.........

I've not bothered on mine.... all of the splitting with the push pull pots seem great to me. I particularly like the T Bone Walker out of phase. I still play the neck and bridge pickups exclusively alot - truth be told, I don't mess around alot with the coil splitting unless a particular tune calls for something special.

Push pull pots are all pretty much the same (other than the shaft length).... don't know if you get a choice of linear vs. taper

What are you thoughts on the current set up?
rick66
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply. i like the current set up but was just curious if anyone else had swapped the pots and noticed a difference. i know some have changed them on other edwards but haven't seen any info on swaps specific to the page relic.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mess is why people probably don't fiddle with swapping them out:

JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
This mess is why people probably don't fiddle with swapping them out:

It would never work again if you tried to change anything I'm sure the Edwards pots are high enough quality to warrant leaving well alone!
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't know how much improvement you can really expect from swapping the pots in it
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
Yeah, I don't know how much improvement you can really expect from swapping the pots in it

Totally agree Marcus, but let's not open that can of worms again
rick66
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks again everyone........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: