some commentary needed on edwards page relic pots....

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick66

Reaction score
i've been wondering this for awhile and haven't found much info out there on the pots specific to this guitar. and yes, it does have the super switching. has anyone determined if upgrading the pots on this is worthwhile? and if so, where did you buy them and what kind are they (long/short shaft.) did you do any other mods outside of swapping the pup's that you thought improved the overall tone of the guitar?

thanks for reading and comments......... :D

rick66 said:
i've been wondering this for awhile and haven't found much info out there on the pots specific to this guitar. and yes, it does have the super switching. has anyone determined if upgrading the pots on this is worthwhile? and if so, where did you buy them and what kind are they (long/short shaft.) did you do any other mods outside of swapping the pup's that you thought improved the overall tone of the guitar?

thanks for reading and comments......... :D

I've not bothered on mine.... all of the splitting with the push pull pots seem great to me. I particularly like the T Bone Walker out of phase. I still play the neck and bridge pickups exclusively alot - truth be told, I don't mess around alot with the coil splitting unless a particular tune calls for something special.

Push pull pots are all pretty much the same (other than the shaft length).... don't know if you get a choice of linear vs. taper

What are you thoughts on the current set up?

thanks for the reply. i like the current set up but was just curious if anyone else had swapped the pots and noticed a difference. i know some have changed them on other edwards but haven't seen any info on swaps specific to the page relic.

This mess is why people probably don't fiddle with swapping them out:

CIMG0404-1.jpg

marcusnieman said:
This mess is why people probably don't fiddle with swapping them out:

CIMG0404-1.jpg

It would never work again if you tried to change anything :D I'm sure the Edwards pots are high enough quality to warrant leaving well alone!

marcusnieman said:
Yeah, I don't know how much improvement you can really expect from swapping the pots in it

Totally agree Marcus, but let's not open that can of worms again :wink:

Latest posts

Back