Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some advice on Bacchus Dukes please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philiprst
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Some advice on Bacchus Dukes please Reply with quote

I am new to this forum and wondered if you might be able to help me understand more about the Bacchus Duke series.

I am based in the USA and I am looking for a great LP to replace my older historic Gibson that I had to sell a couple of years ago. I recently travelled to London where I tried a number of MIJ guitars and the best I came across was a recent but used Duke. Now I am back in the US and thought I might try to get one of the new models from a seller Japan.

As far as I can make out there seems to be three basic versions of the Duke: the standard, custom and the oil finished version. The customs I have seen seem to differ from the standards only in having a brazilian rosewood fingerboard. Is this correct or are there some other differences?
bacchusnut
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a newer duke, and a 2 customs from the vintage series ,..a blc95 and a blc 140,....the duke has a different neck ,...def fatter than the customs i have ,...theyre all great great gtrs,....
duke = long tenon
blc 140= long tenon
blc 95 = tenon "like the ones on the higher end vintage tokai' , which stop at the pup cavity,... its tenon is offset closer to the top heavier "mass" of the body (closer to the pup selector switch)
the custom,s have ebony boards while my duke has the Madagascar board,....both excellent.
i think you might be right about the new custom dukes having rosewood
check out ebay seller hisashi ,..i bought my duke from him and it was a great transaction ,...or you can take a chance/bid on rinkya .....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: