truss rod strange behavior

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

I got my Tokai SG85 a few months ago. Got it fitted with 9-46 strings and adjusted everything at the time (action, intonation, truss rod,...).

All went well until last night when while playing, I noticed the high E string fretted out on the first frets (1-5 or something). Strange... adjusted the action a little higher and it seamed to work fine.

After a while I thoght it might have been the truss rod (because of the low frets) and when I checked, it was indeed that problem - the truss rod somehow tightened itself a little, making the neck straight (or something like that). Adjusted the truss rod (losened it a little) and now it's all fine again.

Did anyone have anything like this happen to him? It didn't happen in time... just last night (in a matter of minutes it was first fine, than not so fine).

Thanks!

Sometimes necks take a while to settle when you make an adjustment after changing string gauges, I seem to tweak truss rods for a while when I first get a guitar, but then never touch them for years.

Back