Lightly relicked Strat anyone?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

A nice subtle relic job on this one........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130407261954&_trksid=e11010.m204&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D12&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:1348

:eek:

Seems fair enough to me - why waste time with sandpaper when you have a flame thrower sitting there unused?

The art of ageing guitars will still make us a lot of fun...what an axe ! :lol:

Looks like somebody had a "Hendrix at Monterey" moment.

I grieve for weeks when i scratch one of mine, if I did that relic job I'd have a nervous breakdown.

Guitar OCD and proud to be...

I am sitting in the garden,37 degrees celsius,barbecue...perhaps I should relic a guitar after diner with my charcoal grill :D

and he adverts this is how a 40+ year old guitar looks like.. I don't think a 140+ year old guitar will ever look like this :eek:

Relic's amuse me, especially if they get dinged / scratched after puchase, and it's time for selling....what do they say? :D :D

has a few extra dings and scratches, no longer mint condition anymore?

Especially these relic collector jobs, that would have to be locked away in fear of getting an extra scratch to void it's mint condition :eek:

Coz the eagle eye collector will be on it in a flash...oh there is a 4mm scratch on the left corner bla bla...sorry but i want a mint relic'ed one :roll: eg...these collectors probably know that a fender custom shop relic and aged EC blackie should have dings here and there and a specific scratch here bla bla :roll: I HOPE NOT! :D

The best relic is the one you do yourselves by playing it - you will remember where every ding, dent, chip and rub came from.

Looks quite authentic to me... it's obviously modeled after a guitar that was taken on a tour of duty to Vietnam and napalmed.

lol,half roasted strat
Though I quite like the Fender road worn 60's in white

Latest posts

Back