• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: PGM MOON Mahagony Strat

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btmish

Reaction score
Here is a quick picture but I can get more if interested. This is a steller guitar. It's in good shape but has been used. And there is a cig burn on the headstock (not from me....was there when I got it). The tone knob is a push/pull so you actually get 10 (instead of the usual 5), different tone selections. If any guitar I own has a Brazilian board, it's this one. Has so very nice "streaks" and "glows" in it. The mahog is heavy. Aprox 9.6-9.8 pounds according to my bathroom scales. It's a burgundy color which may be hard to tell with my camera phone picture. Sorry, my battery is dead on my good camera....like I said, I can get pictures for anyone who is interested. Thanks for looking.

Starting bid $480

http://cgi.ebay.com/PGM-Moon-Strat-equal-Bacchus-Van-Zandt-etc-/230502089839?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item35aafec46f

downsized_0429001844.jpg

Some more pics!

$695 OBO Shipped to US. This is an AWESOME guitar...I guarantee it! If it's not AWESOME by YOUR standards.....I'll give you your money back! Seriously, this guitar rocks and will kick anything at that price range by FAR!

013-4.jpg

019-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

btmish said:
The tone knob is a push/pull so you actually get 10 (instead of the usual 5), different tone selections.

10? From one push-pull pot? Please tell me more.

Mike

I think it answers it. You usually have 5 selections via the selector switch. This still has that....except when you "pull" the knob, you now have 5 different sounds coming from the selector switch. So, yea, 5X2=10. Does that make sense?

btmish said:
I think it answers it. You usually have 5 selections via the selector switch. This still has that....except when you "pull" the knob, you now have 5 different sounds coming from the selector switch. So, yea, 5X2=10. Does that make sense?

No, you still only have 3 pickups. I can think of a circuit that will give you 2 extra pickup combinations by using a push-pull, making a total of 7. But I'm not aware of any way of getting 10 different pickup combinations from 3 pickups, a 5 way switch & a push-pull pot.

stratman323 said:
btmish said:

No, you still only have 3 pickups. I can think of a circuit that will give you 2 extra pickup combinations by using a push-pull, making a total of 7. But I'm not aware of any way of getting 10 different pickup combinations from 3 pickups, a 5 way switch & a push-pull pot.

Hmm, I am pretty sure this does. I don't know how it's wired and what it does. But, I basically get A(1,2,3,4,5), and B (1,2,3,4,5), with A being push, B being pull. Maybe I am goofy, I will have to give it a run though later....but I am pretty sure I am getting 10 unique tone options with this.

I would understand 10 tones with humbuckers to split with the pp function but with single coils... :roll:
But mathematics has always been a riddle for me :lol:

Well, one answer would be stacked humbuckers then. Hmm, I may have to tear it apart later. When it's pulled, you definitely get humbucker like tones.

You should have stacked humbucker tones in the middle position with 2 coils together as well.Check it out,I wanna know :wink:

Any info is welcome. I really don't know much about wiring (well, nothing actually). And like I said, maybe I am goofy and only getting 7 "tones". I have been playing almost entirely acoustic for about 8 months now. I may have to plug in tomorrow and give this a sound test....see if I'm crazy.

Any ideas from the wiring shots? Maybe the push/pull is putting different cap values in to change the tone? Anyway, I would like to get these into some players hands and avoid ebay so I am lowering the price to $645 shipped/paypal'd/insured to lower 48. I will ship overseas as well but will need to discuss that option. Thanks for looking!

Latest posts

Back