1979 Tokai Love Rock GT ???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seller did in fact add a few lines to his ebay auction, saying that people contacted him and told him he should change the year of the guitar to 1990. However, he insists that his father got the guitar in 1982 (i think) from a guy working in the Tokai factory Japan, and he's sure he'll find some photos picturing his dad with the guitar from the 1980s... :)

Still curious, if he is mistaken or not

dongrosh said:
Yes, my mistake, it?s 3 years ago, i thought you mailed together but after reading my copy of that whole thread i see you mailed him but didn?t got personal info from him.
You got the infos from his website. My mistake, i apologize.

So you're only apologizing for this one particular little mistake? You're sure you don't wish to make an apology with wider scope? Confession is good for the soul, you know. And it might just help to salvage what remains of your reputation on this forum if you apologized for what you did.

I love the way you selectively pick bits of my posts to quote! I assume that you are dismissing my suggestion that you make a sizable donation to charity with the excessive profits you made from the dishonest sale to me? I thought that might have appealed to you, since I would not gain from it, but you would publicly make amends for your wrong-doing?

I guess that must mean that you are actually as greedy as I assumed you were after our "deal" three years ago. Sad.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280529134363

f.y.I

he canceled the old auction and started a new one - just the same title, 1979...but in the german texture there is written OWTTE:

..."to make this tokaifriends happy - it is NOT an 1979 Les Paul, it IS an 1990 Love Rock"..."If anyone has again something to critizise - sent a mail"..

well...

jacco said:
..or there is the possibility that he feels he didn't do any wrong?

I think you may be right. Clearly dongrosh must work to a much lower set of moral standards than most other forum members. Which is a shame for anyone unfortunate enough to trade with him in future.

It's interesting how much he cares about getting any apparent errors in someone else's advert corrected though. A case of double standards, perhaps?

PS - my spell check suggests correcting "dongrosh" to "dangerous". Dangerous for my wallet, certainly! I didn't expect a spell checker to have such a sarcastic sense of humour. :eek:

Mike, that story now really is worn away, if it is your pleasure to
attack & defame - your choice - i always tried to avoid that.
I do not mess in double standards, you do not want to see & accept-

i offered a guitar I BOUGHT from togps, which was shown as ST-80 on
the website from togps - which no one will cut across btw. -

ah, i checked that old link - and well, it?s still there, without the pics,
but it?clear to see, that No 92 = ST-80

http://www.tokaiguitar.de/vintage.php?folder=vintage_guitars&kat=010

i offered that guitar as ST-60 (or 80) cause i?m not an expert and i clearly said that.

You pleased me to get that guitar - immediately - there have been other members who wanted that Springy too - but you have been first - it?s all documented - you wanted it - NOW and forthwith. So, i canceled the auction, you bought it and AFTER that you began to began to ask questions...

Try to do that today anywhere else.

You asked me to cancel that contract and sent your money back and after over thinking i said NO - yes, that was my decision and i "adhere" to that (if that is the right phrase)
A lot pm?s i got says "That?s Mike failure, first read and ask-then buy"
I never said that in that brutal way as again i understand your situation,
but yes, that is the truth and you are visibly annoyed to yourself and try
to compensate that blaming me......if that?s your way - your choice.

And that thread btw - is not about you and me.
I suggest if you have any more things to say, pm me, that is not
the right way and again i please you to stop that.

Anyone who reads the original thread

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9379&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

will be able to draw their own conclusions about which one of us is telling the truth here. Your argument seems to be that because togps misled you (your words, not mine), it was OK for you to mislead me too. That's ridiculous, and you know it is.

And if you really had so many forum members clamouring to buy the ST60 from you, why didn't you sell it to one of them and refund my money, as I asked you to do? Your story doesn't add up mate.

I'm making these posts to point out to other forum members that you are a greedy & dishonest person. I stand by those words. Anyone who might consider trading with you needs to know that. And anyone who reads your posts (and your comments on other people's ads) should be aware of your shameful track record too, so they can decide how much credibility you have. None, in my opinion.

And if you weren't ashamed of what you did three years ago, how come you vanished from this forum three years ago?

I have given you an opportunity to make amends for your wrongdoing & restore your reputation, all without me getting a penny back from you. But you ignore the suggestion because you're greedy. Simple as that really.

stratman323 said:
Your argument seems to be that because togps misled you (your words, not mine)

be careful - that?s a lip as that has been NOT my words as you can read
up here - i said: i offered a guitar I BOUGHT from togps, which was shown as ST-80 on the website from togps. I never said he misled me!

And btw - it?my thing if and when i post in a forum or not, i have been
here from time to time to read - but as i have had nothing to say -
i havn?t done - and Tokai is not my No.1....

dongrosh said:
up here - i said: i offered a guitar I BOUGHT from togps, which was shown as ST-80 on the website from togps. I never said he misled me!

IF he sold it to you as an ST80, he misled you. It's an ST60 - nobody on this forum has ever doubted that.

And your second point is a lie. I sent you a PM after the sale that sat in my outbox for over 2 years, which means you never logged in. I deleted it just under a year ago as I assumed you would never have the nerve to show your face here again.

Unfortunately you did.

stratman323 said:
dongrosh said:

IF he sold it to you as an ST80, he misled you. It's an ST60 - nobody on this forum has ever doubted that.

and again - not correct to the begin of that story -
no one really has been sure at that time what it is -

after your question:
So which model is it?

the answers have been:

rgrafend: I'd say ST80 because of the "E-stamped" pups.R

and

DaveWW gave the link to the webstie from togps:
You guys might find some of the info you need here
http://www.tokaiguitar.de/vintage.php?folder=vintage_guitars&kat=010

stratman323 said:
And your second point is a lie. I sent you a PM after the sale that sat in my outbox for over 2 years, which means you never logged in.

First read, the think, then answer - i said:
"i have been here from time to time to read" what does
not require a Login

!

You love your selective quoting don't you? :lol:

Anyone who has read the whole thread (good luck :roll: ) will know that you are merely picking out the few bits that you believe show you in a good light. And there aren't many of them after page 2.....

Hi all, Dongrosh, you SHOULD {if you are as honorable as you say} refund Mike his money as you clearly had no idea of what you were selling. ST-60's also had "E" pickups so did ST_70's and 80's, this proves nothing and also goes to show that you knew nothing about the guitar. Your actions were not of the kind we expect here on the forum and you were CLEARLY just after Mikes money or you should have refunded his money before you sent the guitar because it had already been established it was no 80. Togps knows these guitars intimately so i would say that you were deceived and since you didn't listen to the members that tried to tell you and only chose to listen to the opinions that suited you goes a long way to show that what you did was dishonorable. Jacco needs to pull his head in and mind his own business as he obviously isn't familiar with what went on. Mike, i would be pissed off as much as you are mate and i would also not miss a nights sleep if this underhanded seller never appeared here again. There was NOTHING honorable about that transaction and no amount of Bullsh1t will justify the way Dongrosh handled himself.....Ignorance is no excuse.....

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
Hi all, Dongrosh, you SHOULD {if you are as honorable as you say} refund Mike his money as you clearly had no idea of what you were selling. ST-60's also had "E" pickups so did ST_70's and 80's, this proves nothing and also goes to show that you knew nothing about the guitar. Your actions were not of the kind we expect here on the forum and you were CLEARLY just after Mikes money or you should have refunded his money before you sent the guitar because it had already been established it was no 80. Togps knows these guitars intimately so i would say that you were deceived and since you didn't listen to the members that tried to tell you and only chose to listen to the opinions that suited you goes a long way to show that what you did was dishonorable. Jacco needs to pull his head in and mind his own business as he obviously isn't familiar with what went on. Mike, i would be pissed off as much as you are mate and i would also not miss a nights sleep if this underhanded seller never appeared here again. There was NOTHING honorable about that transaction and no amount of Bullsh1t will justify the way Dongrosh handled himself.....Ignorance is no excuse.....

Mick

:lol:
I am 2 meters long so I have to duck every now and then.
I guess by reading your post you're waaaay shorter 8)

leadguitar_323 said:
I don't wish to argue with you mate but it would be nice if you actually knew what you were talking about.....

Mick

Me neither with you, so I don't know where this is coming from.

If you have read my posts, which you must have, you must have noticed I don't express an opinion about this matter, I merely try to reconcile the 2.
I have read the complete thread from 3 years ago. What's more to know about it, enlighten me?
This IS a forum. If these guys wish to do what they are doing in plain public, there's bound to be interaction with others.

why doesn't someone ask togps from tokaigermany for the 250 quid - seems like he was the root of the problem and it was made all the easier with his site to be conveniently passed along by the next seller .... oh i forgot he's too busy making money from used guitars....hahahah

jimi123 said:
why doesn't someone ask togps from tokaigermany for the 250 quid - seems like he was the root of the problem and it was made all the easier with his site to be conveniently passed along by the next seller .... oh i forgot he's too busy making money from used guitars....hahahah

Because even if togps had misled dongrosh (and I'm not saying he did, I wasn't there when dongrosh bought it), that wouldn't excuse dongrosh for misleading me. It was clearly established that it was not an ST80 just after he received my money, but before he shipped it. Once I knew it wasn't what I thought it was, I asked to withdraw from the purchase. dongrosh refused & insisted on keeping my money & sending me the guitar.

Despite this, if I sold it tomorrow, I would make it clear that it's an ST60, not an ST80. Even if I was misled that wouldn't excuse me misleading anyone else.

It's a matter of honesty & integrity.

Latest posts

Back