Orville by Gibson Inlays

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pegcityrocker

Reaction score
Just got my Orville by Gibson 59 RI and found that 2 of the inlays are popping out. Seems like this might be a bit of an issue with Orville's as I have heard this before. How difficult is this to fix? Is there a special glue that is to be used?

SDC13821.jpg

SDC13820.jpg

Yeah my OBG did that too but good old Kobayashi sent me some spares he had (love you man!! lol)...a few of my MIJ's are like this. I have used thin model glue with success but you can also use Gorilla Glue or even wood glue if the area is cleaned first.

Didn't know you had an ObG Udo... can you link me to your Flickr/Photobucket so I can peruse your camera work and MIJ beauties?

Pegcityrocker said:
Just got my Orville by Gibson 59 RI and found that 2 of the inlays are popping out. Seems like this might be a bit of an issue with Orville's as I have heard this before. How difficult is this to fix? Is there a special glue that is to be used?

I must be extremely lucky. I hear about that but I got my first OBG in 1993 (and a few others since then: http://innadaze.blogspot.com/2009/07/some-of-innadaze-obgs.html) and have never had that problem with a single one.

Hey Mono

I sent you my Flickr page, didn't I?
Here is my 92 OBG Terada made..good old Kobayashi (thanks again man) sent me inlays so I am in the process of filling and sanding to the fret board radius and then she goes up for sale. Has the 57's in it and looks very Slash like hey? Gorgeous mahogany on the back and neck too.

obgtobaccotop.jpg
obgtobaccofull.jpg

That's killer, Udo. It's definitely got Slash written all over it. You'll probably sell that for a hefty profit to some Slash-wannabe kid in Vancouver :D

Oh and I hunted down your Flickr page. Zombie photos were funny!

Latest posts

Back