My First Greco

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atolleter

Reaction score
First time poster on this fourm, looks like good info on here. Although I had a few Gibsons I decided to buy this Greco. Dont know much about it. Hopefully you guys can tell me more, especially about the pickups so here it is:

4748850556_9d4b885735.jpg

4748209315_fb3c28bda7.jpg

4748850416_0c1c4ec2ba.jpg

4748209411_7134d0952e.jpg

4748850490_5af814199c.jpg

4748209487_fe6c8a87df.jpg

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys,

Arnold

Is that bad? :)

It plays and feels great, I'm actually surprised compared to the Gibson LPs I had, I like it better than my 1960 Classic Gibson. It's pretty heavy, not chambered.

Is it made in Korea for Greco? Any info on the PUs?

Looks like Korean made by Cort (Cortec) to me. No serial number, black pickup cavity shielding paint, unique headstock logo, visible headstock/neck joint attach seam.

hi
it looks like a mik to me too .... :D
i had one once ,,,,, a good guitar ,,,, but a bit heavy .....
all the best
otto

Not Tokai made. It is either made in Korea or China; I have seen a few Greco's like this but not many. The 2 piece neck is a sure giveaway that it is not Japanese. Also, the lack of a serial number shows it is not Japanese. It also looks like it is hollow.

if it plays and feels great,then thats what it's all about... :D
but only to a point.. :-?
depends what it cost you? 8)

It's definitely not hollow, judging by the weight and the pickup cavities that are full. It's over 10lbs. It came from Japan, cost me $550 US shipping included.

The pickup cavity routes are what give it away as Korean...that and the grey, green, and red wiring. Still a gorgeous top 110%!

I recently bought a high end Heerby and it too has a line on the back of the headstock like this one but it is a 1 piece, as you can clearly see the grain continue right through the light to dark perpendicular seam, so I would never take that as conclusive proof.

37021773.jpg

Thank you guys for your insight. I noticed when I bought it that the pickups werent Drz or Screamin and I thought they may suck but I like them so far. If I change my mind I may put some 57 Classics in there, I really liked those in my ES135.

Latest posts

Back