Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

80's Greco,Burny or Tokai..which should I get??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riffpowers
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: 80's Greco,Burny or Tokai..which should I get?? Reply with quote

i'm on the lookout for a decent quality but good value guitar with the kind of quality that won't look and sound cheap next to my 1990 gibson les paul custom.
These guitars are a bit thin on the ground over here in the uK,so I've been looking on e-bay.
What do you guys reckon I should keep my eye open for??I'm looking for bang for buck as well as quality.
Skybone
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say all of the above!

I've been looking at Greco, Burny & Tokai from the 80's too, but I don't have any spare cash (and according to my wife, I have too many guitars anyway!). It's unfortunate that you have to buy sight unseen, but that seems to be the only way to get a better priced instrument (I won't say bargain, as they seem to have all but disappeared!), as the shops add their overhead & tax etc.

FWIW, to me, the Burny's are made by Tokai, where the Greco's are (from what I hear) made by Fernandes. All the models of the three manufacturer's I've seen on the 'net look really nice, but it's down to which one looks the nicest to you when you have the cash!
omboy
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

". . .Burny's are made by Tokai, where the Greco's are (from what I hear) made by Fernandes."
Burny's are made by Fernandes. Tokais are Tokais. Grecos are Grecos.
Orvilles were made in the Fuji plant along with the Grecos.

That's what I hear, anyway.

Any of 'em can be fine instruments; on ebay, it looks like Grecos are the least expensive at this point in time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: