Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

***ORVILLE BY GIBSON 59 REISSUE***
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Orville
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mojo hobo
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: ***ORVILLE BY GIBSON 59 REISSUE*** Reply with quote

Another new guitar day This will be the last this year ,I promise!
But I thought i would go out with a bang...i needed a very special guitar at the right price to make it my last
So when i saw this freaking gorgeous OBG appear on yahoo with a good BIN price...i could not let it go for the price..plus it was only up for short period before i jumped on the BIN button....

I originally thought it was a 1 piece back ,the 3/4+1/4 seam is really hard to spot unless you look at its arse,where you see the straight seam line...It has a veneer top...as well ...gibson classic 57s....It is in very good condition...Still has the protective plastic film on the truss rod cover ,control cavities..It also came with the original warranty card ,pickguard & bracket unopened...A bonus....

Plays and sounds fantastic ,I now have the set of reissues...

The two together:ORVILLE BY GIBSON 59 REISSUE : ORVILLE BY GIBSON 57C REISSUE...

MOJO HOBO
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvelous!
CliffsComicWorld
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not kick those 2 out of bed...
Pegcityrocker
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful guitars! I noticed that the original price on these 59 RI in 1995 was 125,000 Yen, but elsewhere I have seen catalogue scans with a 198,000 Yen price for a 59 RI. Are those the ones with a solid flame top or what was the difference?
Mick51
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look here...

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9570&highlight=orville+pricelist
Pegcityrocker
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
It looks like in 1992 they were called LPS-FM and were 198,000 and then in 1993 the RI series began and they were called LPS-59R and cost 125,000 Yen. Weren't these the same guitar for much less money? Are there not 59 RI with solid flame tops?

I'm just curious because I purchased a 1993 OBG 59RI today with a subtle flame top. It is a Fuji-Gen model but I'm not sure if the top is solid or veneer; I'll have to check it when it arrives.
mojo hobo
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello PEGCITY! Very nice to meet you

Congrats on your new arrival when you do finally get it?
Going by what info i have gained here and read elsewhere! OBG 59RIs with a solid flame top are are pretty rare ,Villager said here and in other places in posts,that he has only ever seen a few Obgs with a solid flame top.About 1 out of 30 reissues might be solid topped,he also said that a lot of the Obgs with a very rare 1-piece back are usually/ have a solid top..
The top catalogue pages i posted in this thread are form the OBG 1994 CATALOGUE ....Hence no lps-fm model priced at 198.000 yen..My OBG 57c reissue is a 1994 fujigen made guitar and is solid topped ,not much flame,,2 -piece back...
It thought my OBG 59 reissue in this post was a solid flamed top ,1 piece back when i brought it off yahoo.japan..It can be tricky to determine if the top is solid by photos only..you reaaly need to have the guitar in front of you..The veneer is so well matched on some examples...

MOJO HOBO
Pegcityrocker
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mojo! The guitar should arrive some time next week, I am looking forward to it.
The seller said it was a solid top but I have my doubts, most likely a veneer but it's much more subtle flame than yours. It also appears to have a 2 piece back. From what I can deduce, it is a 1993 Fuji-Gen made 59RI with 57 classic pups. Here's a few pics the seller provided, I'll post some more of my own once it arrives.

[/img]
t.olsen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojo hobo wrote:

OBG 59RIs with a solid flame top are are pretty rare ,Villager said here and in other places in posts,that he has only ever seen a few Obgs with a solid flame top.
MOJO HOBO

59 Reissue with a solid flametop

Pegcityrocker
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one T. So the questions now is - to install the pickguard or not. I know that is what differentiates the Reissues from the Standards so it's a tough call. But to me a Les Paul is partially naked without one.
t.olsen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pegcityrocker wrote:
Nice one T. So the questions now is - to install the pickguard or not. I know that is what differentiates the Reissues from the Standards so it's a tough call. But to me a Les Paul is partially naked without one.

It's up to you cause you are the only one who will see this guitar almost every day and play her.If you like a Lester more with pg install it and you will be happy every time you look at her.For me it's completely different,don't like the pg and even don't like the hole for it.And I was pretty happy when I had the chance to get mine without both
But I would give a damn on other guys opinion,YOU have to love her

To be honest,I would rather cut my hands off instead of drilling a hole in your beauty
mojo hobo
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had to show me that freaking amazing OBG ... mr T ....Man that would be stunning if it was veneer,but it is a solid top WOW I want it?
Would you consider selling it or a trade...really!!
Does it have a 1 piece back as well...did you accquire it from a forum member here or elsewhere...sorry for all the questions..

I have a very nice BURNY super grade RLG-90 from 1983-84 with early bobbins VH-1s zebras....

MOJO HOBO
le juge
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my 1993 LPS-59R made by Terada. One of my favorite Les Paul.

Pegcityrocker
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking guitar, love those plain tops. It looks like the one Katana has on ebay right now.
mojo hobo
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey LE JUGE..That terada OBG of yours is the twin of mine...are you sure it is a 59 reissue..i think it is a the same model as mine 57C reissue.

Mine is a fujigen built guitar,2 -piece center seamed back.very well matched .
The 57C came with the pickguard fitted ...unlike the 59 reissue.

MOJO HOBO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Orville All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: