Sunburst Lady Rush~

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so you just find these guitars you don't even know you have?
wow,must be nice! :lol:

Koubayashi said:
P1050925.jpg

There can't be many more beautiful than that. I think it's an example where the cherry sunburst color really looks great because it's faded just a bit from full strength.

Cali Girl said:
There can't be many more beautiful than that. I think it's an example where the cherry sunburst color really looks great because it's faded just a bit from full strength.

Its a beauty.

The reason I put it away is that the tuners are so crappy (worn out) and some previous owner put ugly p.u rings on it. Also the tail piece is changed.
But she sings well!

Its almost a 1-piece body. There is a 4-5mm thick stripe in the bottom :D

And it doesn't have braz board :cry:

My friend made me take a "sleezy" pic today. Normally not too fond of taking these kind of pics :D

However: from left: 850, 1000, 1200, 1800.

Note that all of them have braz boards apart from the 1200.
The 850 has brazboard but poly finish :D

P1050932.jpg

****....must be nice LOL. Hope you do not mind, I took the photo and made a few adjustments on it so it brings out the color and detail a bit. The other one I just added some "artistic flair" to it :D

superrealadjusted.jpg

superrealdetail.jpg

Udonitron said:
****....must be nice LOL. Hope you do not mind, I took the photo and made a few adjustments on it so it brings out the color and detail a bit. The other one I just added some "artistic flair" to it :D

superrealdetail.jpg

Lucky you I didn't sell the pic to Universal, Disney or another nazi company :D

Oh well....You made the 850 into a tobacco burst :D

Udonitron said:
Koub, you hot dog eating mofo lol. Make sure to let me know if you decide to sell any of those lol.

From these 4 I think I would only sell the 1200 and the 1800.
The 1200 is so beautiful but I cannot stand the fact that it doesn't have braz board. The 1800 is such a great guitar. sounds like a summer breeze and feels like the hands of a hot gal :D So she deserves to be played more and I can't offer that cause I am not a LP player (Strat. SG, Jaguar and Jazzmaster only).

how do you know for sure its not braz?

since in a previous thread we pretty much came to the conclusion that you cannot always tell by looking, and furthermore its pretty well documented that 1200 are all braz...

villager said:
how do you know for sure its not braz?

since in a previous thread we pretty much came to the conclusion that you cannot always tell by looking, and furthermore its pretty well documented that 1200 are all braz...

Absolutely not braz. It might be indian but it looks too grey to even be that.
All 850's are supposed to be nitro as well, yet I have one finished in poly.

again how do you know for sure? I have seen extremely bland boards which were catalogued specced as braz, you cannot be sure from the appearance, some braz boards are very obvious, many are not..

villager said:
again how do you know for sure? I have seen extremely bland boards which were catalogued specced as braz, you cannot be sure from the appearance, some braz boards are very obvious, many are not..

Well, the only way to be 100% sure would be a DNA test.
But my and my mates collected experience from handling thousands of guitars says that this is not braz. The dull colour, the grains and its dry as a desert.

I would love for it to be braz but no way it is.

When it comes to the catalogues, I have seen plenty of examples where reality doesn't match the catalogues' data.

850 finished in poly is one of the better and more important "discoveries" I made. However, the catalogue clearly says nitro.

If anyone can make a DNA test on my 1200's board and show me wrong: please do

exactly my point, there is no certanty that its not braz or it is braz, since I did some research on various braz types and colouring by actually comparing known braz boards against known indian the conclusion was that there is some braz which is not impressive looking, and in fact indistinguishable from indian rosewood, theres such a huge variation in the appearance of braz that its impossible to tell for sure if it is braz by the appearance alone.

personally I dont know if all 1200 and 1800 are all braz, the concensus in japan seems to be that they are( from mr greco's meticulous work), but again this is not 100% proof.. I tend to think they are all braz, but thats only an opinion, not fact, and so I would always state as such.

villager said:
exactly my point, there is no certanty that its not braz or it is braz, since I did some research on various braz types and colouring by actually comparing known braz boards against known indian the conclusion was that there is some braz which is not impressive looking, and in fact indistinguishable from indian rosewood, theres such a huge variation in the appearance of braz that its impossible to tell for sure if it is braz by the appearance alone.

personally I dont know if all 1200 and 1800 are all braz, the concensus in japan seems to be that they are( from mr greco's meticulous work), but again this is not 100% proof.. I tend to think they are all braz, but thats only an opinion, not fact, and so I would always state as such.

That is one of the main problems with Japanese guitars: opinions and guessing.
Me and my mate guess that this 1200 has indian board and not braz. Which we base on tonnes of experience from both American and Japanese vintage. We also compared it to boards we know for sure are braz and boards we know are Indian.

My two cents :D

Back