1980 LS80 on Ebay with Dry-Z in neck

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacco

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.nl/Vintage-Burst-1980-Tokai-LS80-w-gibson-les-paul-case-/320536612575?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item4aa1788edf

There are so many guitars for sale at the moment and all wallets are empty...this guy must be dreaming asking for so much money :eek:
Nice guitar though

Yeah, the asking price is a bit high for the guitar is not completely original and it's a Love Rock, not a more collectible Reborn (Old). But if you live in th USA and make him an offer, who knows..

Is this normal aging of the lacquer by the way; I have only seen this on older guitars than that or done by hand.

1980LS-80.jpg

This should be normal for the nitro as it looks.
The price is also a result of the lower value of the euro against usd.Don't know if it's a normal price for the us market but in euro it's too much.

Listing is full of hyperbole - I don't trust it, because virtually identical sales puff was used to sell his previous vintage LS auction.

"Approx 9lbs" = 9.5 lbs IMO. If you can't give an accurate weight I have to assume it is heavier than 9lbs. Which isn't the end of the world, but people pay more money for lighter LPs, seller would know this...

Nice looking guitar though!

JVsearch said:
"Approx 9lbs" = 9.5 lbs IMO. If you can't give an accurate weight I have to assume it is heavier than 9lbs. Which isn't the end of the world, but people pay more money for lighter LPs, seller would know this...

In the Q & A, the seller lists the weight as 4.06 kg.

However, I agree. Shipping and customs would make the cost prohibitive to anyone outside US / North America.

Mick51 said:
JVsearch said:

In the Q & A, the seller lists the weight as 4.06 kg.

Doh! :oops:
I just get sick of reading approx figures as a sales pitch for something most buyers will not be able to audition, and jumped to the conclusion.
That'll teach me not to read the whole ebay page - I just don't get on with ebay much anymore, and often find I don't understand what's going on with auctions ending/prices, and I can't find info about "certain things" on there anymore.

My LS80 had some fine checking on the back and neck, but no checking on the top. It made me wonder if they used different finish on the tops to reduce checking. Just food for thought!

Back