Are these MIJs?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toybitz

Reaction score
http://www.musiccentraluk.com/acatalog/Burny_Electric_Guitars.html

got me fooled! they have great craftmanship that's why...

am very biased. 8 )

thanks JohnA, that was quick.

There are still a few Burny's that are MIJ, I haven't actually played any of the new ones though. My local shop, Steven James Guitars in Middlesbrough stocks the Chinese models, and in terms of build quality, finishing, and more importantly sound and playability they are head and shoulders above the Chinese Tokais, the Tokais are considerably cheaper though!!

toybitz said:
reminds me of ESP's Edward line.

The Edwards guitars feature construction methods that are more like we are used to seeing in mij guitars, like ABR posts that screw straight in to the wood as oppose to metal bushings as featured on the Burny's, how much reall effect on tone details like that have I wouldn't like to say!

Udonitron said:
The RLG-85's and 105's are MIJ

How about the RLC85JP??

rlc65jp_big.jpg

a bit off topic...

do all RLCs that are white have gold speed knobs?

because I've never seen one with black speed knobs.

Udonitron said:
The RLG-85's and 105's are MIJ

but note that the RLG85-BS (with bigsby) is not MIJ.

to the TS: those lower end chinese made Burny's arent good for the price they are selling. ive got to try the RLC55JS and its not worth it. Too light to be good quality mahogany, the pickups lack warmth. For that cash, id rather get an MIK Epiphone. Really, id put it on par with the new MIC Epiphones. But i suppose they get better as you go up the ladder.

Latest posts

Back