lets see everyones LS150s

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK! It is now a lot longer than the innitial 4 months I was told but my LS150 has made it in to the UK and will apparently be in the London shop by tomorrow! And rather than the two Tobacco burst that were supposed to be ordered they have one tobacco and one matt cherry burst , which in one way is quite annoying as i'm not massively keen on Cherry burst but in another way makes the choice more interesting, but harder if for some reason the cherry feels or sounds better! Diamond and co. how consistant are these LS150s? are they all virtually the same?
And although I ordered through a reputable dealer can you please remind me how I am going to verify beyond doubt that these are indeed LS150s?
I ordered these guitars 3 months before I started this thread!!!
Tokai Uk are going to email me photos of both guitars today before they get sent to London.

2-3 days encounting!! And yes I will take some stylee photos and post them here to close up this thread!
Tompski

Well, now you understand how difficult it is to get Tokais...why?
Because like I've said before, they're not MASS produced.

Gibson apparently produce 2500 guitars a day, that's what I've read...let's find out how many Tokai Japan make a day?

The LS150s are very consistent, IMO.
Just turn the knobs, if they're stiff it's a 150/160 with CTS pots.
You'll see it's a one piece body, that will convince you.

All the best.

I know this is a little off topic, but I'd be going nuts waiting months for a guitar, especially waiting for the non-other LS150. I purchased my new LS150 from this guy http://cgi.ebay.com/TOKAI-LS150-NEW-mint-L-tenon-Nitro-Hard-Case-Japan-made-/380237986593 and if not for the Christmas rush, that caused a slight delay, (about 3 days) I'd had it in hand in about 5-7 days to the states. The guitar was well packed and in perfect shape, ready to play. The Tokai LS150 far superceeds, you-know-who these days and for a fraction of the cost. The only bad thing a bout the Tokai LS150 that I have found is it is hard to put down causing me to neglect my other guitars. If I puirchase another I will purchase from the same person/place.

Tompski said:
Thankyou Diamond, for a globally fast response!!!

I should start a World Cup 2010 thread here, I have one going at The Gear Page...giving everyone second by second updates.

Btw, Nani is out, collarbone injury, big loss for Portugal.

Go ENGLAND!!!...and Bafana Bafana of course. :)

I was out watching the rugby with a welshman and a south african on the weekend, both 6 foot 4 and scary with it!!! the day progressed to a serious drinking session in the London sun, man! it got messsy!

Tompski said:
I was out watching the rugby with a welshman and a south african on the weekend, both 6 foot 4 and scary with it!!! the day progressed to a serious drinking session in the London sun, man! it got messsy!

LMAO.

Welcome to South Africa, enjoy the World Cup.

Not been on the forum for a while so here is my 2008 LS150F
I hate top hats so I changed the knobs - here is a pic looking up the business end:-

3516933706_ef27105c0e_o.jpg

Matt

Nice looking guitar!

Diamond, Bob at Tokai UK reckons that Tokai Japans average monthly output is 300 fixed neck guitars.

OK!
Now I'm worried and confused!
The UK Tokai dealer has sent me low res shots of both guitars, and is refering to them as LS135! when I spoke to him on the phone he said it was an LS135/150 and that this refers to this being a plaintop LS150, is ths correct or is my chain being yanked here?!?!?

In UK Terms, an LS135 is a plain top. I've just taken delivery of 2 units. They say LS135 on the Box.

This is the same guitar as: http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/products/premium/ls160.html

The boxes we've received say LS135 on them. Why they don't come with the latest numbers i have no idea. The real confusion is that we have flame top LS150's in the UK, but for the rest of the world - most people would assume you were talking about a plain top....LS135 in this instance.

Were you expecting a flame top or plain??

No I especially wanted a plain top LS150 so it had to be custom ordered, which has taken 8-9 months, so Richard are your LS135s the exact same spec as a an LS150 apart from not being flame top? I.E. one peice back,long tenon deep neck join, nitro finish(you should be able to smell it ) etc?
also do they have the little nipple thing on the headstock, I know yours come from the same source(bob)

Tompski said:
No I especially wanted a plain top LS150 so it had to be custom ordered, which has taken 8-9 months, so Richard are your LS135s the exact same spec as a an LS150 apart from not being flame top? I.E. one peice back,long tenon deep neck join, nitro finish(you should be able to smell it ) etc?

YES.

An LS150 is not a Custom order, it's just an ordinary order.
If you had ordered it from Richard you would have had it in 3 months...give or take a week or two.

For some while ago I had LS125F which is according to its serial number '09. However 09 model number should be 135F or 140F. I got that guitar for very tempting price but it turned out to be relatively heavy and pretty dull sounding one. Hardware were exaclty the same and very high quality.

It would be interesting to carefully compare for example a brand new LS160 with a brand new LS135. They are said to be the same guitar but I would be very surprised if there was not any reason for that kind of model numbering. I am sure that a random customer in a local tokai store would be more interested in a guitar taged as LS160 than LS135 and Tokai know that also.

Well i don't know about the time scale - but it would have arrived at the same time as these - yes. I've had standard models on order that didn't arrive for two years. I won't special order anything any more. We announce it as soon as we physically have them.

All nippled. The UK ones should be!

Tompski said:
also do they have the little nipple thing on the headstock, I know yours come from the same source(bob)

Yes same spec. They've got you what you asked for.

Back