Sunburst Lady Rush~

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Juni41 said:
Thank guys! 8)

I played it all the day and...
It simply A... MA... ZING!!!
Legends are true.. it's really the 50' Gibson sound! :eek:
This sound so special that even actual Gibson Les Paul Standard don't have..

I'm in heaven! 8)

Don't know about you but I'd choose a 50s LP over a 1200 any day of the year :wink:

yeah,how about any 70s-80s-90s-00's Standard? or maybe to be even more specific, a 1980-81 Les Paul Standard ? :wink:

LarryC said:
yeah,how about any 70s-80s-90s-00's Standard? or maybe to be even more specific, a 1980-81 Les Paul Standard ? :wink:

The greatest LP I ever had was a 1977 Gibson LP Standard.

.............................Or not :wink:

and the most horrible Les Paul I've had was a 1977 Les Paul Deluxe,sorry to say,but it really was pretty bad :cry:

also have owned a '71 LP Deluxe,'82 LP Goldtop 30th Anniversary,a custom shop '68 reissue Les Paul Custom,custom shop LP Special,and a custom shop Junior, but they're all sold...

the Greco 1200 and Junior(and strat) are staying for good.... just sayin'' :wink:

Juni...

That's so GORGEOUS! :eek:

I'm jealous!

I know you sold an EGF850 on Ebay recently that had Dry Z pickups installed so as I currently have an EGF850 I was wondering if there is much difference in sound. I know the early 850's had much the same quality of wood as the 1200 (a few more pieces perhaps) and the electronics are identical so what (if any) difference do you feel?

Thanks...

Dave

LarryC said:
and the most horrible Les Paul I've had was a 1977 Les Paul Deluxe,sorry to say,but it really was pretty bad :cry:

Hell, mine was great! Definitely in the never should have let it go category.
Fantastically straight laminated maple neck (that I now realise would likely never have warped even under extreme abuse) and the mini humbuckers were great too.
A little bit heavy I guess, but it never bothered me back then, so I doubt it was too weighty because I've alway been pretty weak. :lol:

Juni41 said:
Finally here is my Lady~ 8)
dscn2371r.jpg

Gorgeous top, very light, amazing neck.
She still need a little setup to be at my personal taste but I can already feel the "magic"! :D

Thank again Mark! :)
A pleasure to do business with you.

Congrats! I used to own that guitar. Very sweet!

LarryC said:
Norlin year's Gibson have very good and very bad guitars...
I think it's only a question of luck. lol
The true question is are you ready to burn may be more than $4000 counting on your lucky star. :lol:

ozgrecofanatic said:
I know you sold an EGF850 on Ebay recently that had Dry Z pickups installed so as I currently have an EGF850 I was wondering if there is much difference in sound. I know the early 850's had much the same quality of wood as the 1200 (a few more pieces perhaps) and the electronics are identical so what (if any) difference do you feel?
A few times ago, someone wrote on this forum (sorry I can't remember who) that even by switching EGF850/1000 pickups with Dry Z you will not get the EGF1200 sound.
I agree.
The fact is, even if I was really impressed with the Dry Z in my 850 you have to know that PU-2 are really close (to my ears).
But it's true that Dry have something different, something special.
As I wrote before I have been stun by the treble and harmonics of the bridge pickup.

Anyway, there is really something which can't be explain about the EGF1200. That "magic".
Mine is 3 pieces body, it's more than my last 2 pieces body 850, however the 1200 is awesome, far better and has really the "original sound" that 850 with Dry Z hadn't.

If I had to advice someone about a Dry Z switch project, as Dry are now more than $500 worse, I will suggest to save money instead and get a true EGF1200.
The "magic" don't come with the Dry Z only.
But hey, that my personal feeling. :)

telenut62 said:
Great score Juni, nice to see the fruits of your labour. So it begs the question...what's next? lol
My plans are now to get the sister "Honey Queen". lol
But may be a SE800 will be enough.
Depends of the neck.
Villager said the 800 has a fatter neck and this would be perfect for me.

Yes folks,
and I'm happy to say that it is ME :p :p :p

NEW EGF-1200 CLUB MEMBER :D :D :D

I'm really curious to do some playing and comparing my EGF-850 with this EGF-1200; hopefully it'll be in my hands before the EGF-850 gets sold, since it is STILL for sale in the forum :wink: [/b]

Congrats!
Welcome to the club! :)

I'm now very curious to know what your feeling will be comparing your 850 and your 1200... :)

Hey "the club" seems to get new members every day. :lol:
It would be now a good idea to stick a new topic "1200 club : register your sunburst lady". :wink:

Yeah perhaps the body itself was meant to be an 1800 but you can clearly see what looks to be veneer in that pickup cavity shot. Same with this shot as well (now it could be the beveled edge of the top where it meets the cavity but for that price, I would not take the chance):

97018588.jpg

You'r right. :oops:
I didn't see the veneer top...
Then I think 300000 yens is a little too much... xD
It seems that someone need badly this one. lol

My bet is that one is solid EGF1800, pics are'nt that great to view the side walls on each side from the pickup cavity, but the signs this one is 1800 is

has the thick Greco headstock logo as seen in only 1200 or 1800
does not have thin vintage 58 frets as stock standard in 1200
does not have small dot markers as stock stardard in 1200
looks like a cherry burst finish, 1200 has honey burst only.

and i'll bet the neck is not a fat 58 neck as stock standard in 1200

Veneer in 1200 solid in 1800

I'm just going with 1800 on this one, but would be inclined to ask the seller for more pics of the side walls of the pick up cavity (4 sides), but....would be risking missing a 'good buy' rather than a 'good bye' due if the seller does not reply... :cry:

But im confident that guitar would be a 1800

regards, Mick

Latest posts

Back