This Guy it's crazy !!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
habib which ''bad dealer '' have you been fooled by?

Koubayashi you should try a high end tokai like a pre 85 LS150 or 200, they are close to the best greco's, some people would prefer them I think as the necks are slightly slimmer than the greco's, personally I think the tone of the 1200's is pretty much the same as the 1800's, I pick them up to play equally the 1200's and the 1800's, laminate tops don't change the sound at all, but you don't play LP's much do you :D how many 1200's and 1800's do you have in storage now?? :evil:

I do think you can still get a good guitar for a low price, just look at the greco mint collections or the plainer burnys, there are plenty of them still around, and they are good guitar, in the right hands they can sound great, but the higher end stuff is generally my preferance, as i have 2 wrong hands .. :D

villager said:
habib which ''bad dealer '' have you been fooled by?

Koubayashi you should try a high end tokai like a pre 85 LS150 or 200, they are close to the best greco's, some people would prefer them I think as the necks are slightly slimmer than the greco's, personally I think the tone of the 1200's is pretty much the same as the 1800's, I pick them up to play equally the 1200's and the 1800's, laminate tops don't change the sound at all, but you don't play LP's much do you :D how many 1200's and 1800's do you have in storage now?? :evil:

I do think you can still get a good guitar for a low price, just look at the greco mint collections or the plainer burnys, there are plenty of them still around, and they are good guitar, in the right hands they can sound great, but the higher end stuff is generally my preferance, as i have 2 wrong hands .. :D

Two wrongs don't make a right :D
I don't like the Tokais cause of the necks actually. But they are great Lesters otherwise.

I had a Mint Coll EG600 plaintop that sang like a zillion birds but something in the tone and the sound was harder than the 1800. I would choose the 1800 over the 600 for that reason. But the 600 was easily on level with most 850's -1000's I have/had.

I used to play SG Special for a long time but recently changed to Stratocaster again. Shell pink ST80 Springy!!

At the moment I have 1 1200 and 1 1800 for sale.
I have recently sold two 1200's though.

I am still interested in high end JV (both Strat and Tele) :wink:

Havib said:
Havib said:
Koubayashi said:
Everywhere there will be someone/some trying to capitalize and accumulate on peoples lack of knowledge.

The most powerful tool is people's "unawareness".
Especially if you manage to sweet talk them :D

A lot of people up here mail me with questions like "is this a reasonable price for this Greco". I normally tell them that if its a good guitar the price is not the prime worry but when taking into consideration that the Greco cost 250? in Japan and now suddenly 1000? you might want to try to get one elsewhere.
And I introduce them to the auction sites if they want to try elsewhere.

Trying to make money selling used things are pretty darn stupid 2010 :D

8) so true! dont be fooled by bad dealers everyone!

8) good discussion this thread!

இதில் வட இந்திய நடிகர் - நடிகையர், தொழில்நுட்பக் கலைஞர்கள், தொழிலாளர்கள் யாரும் கலந்து கொள்ள வேண்டாமென்று கேட்டுக்கொள்ளப்படுகிறார்கள். தென்னிந்திய திரைப்பட வர்த்தக சபை சார்பில் அனைத்து தென்னிந்திய திரைப்படத்துறை அமைப்புக்களையும் அழைத்து கூட்டுக்கூட்டம் நே‌ற்று நடைபெ‌ற்றது.

:lol:

Havib said:
இதில் வட இந்திய நடிகர் - நடிகையர், தொழில்நுட்பக் கலைஞர்கள், தொழிலாளர்கள் யாரும் கலந்து கொள்ள வேண்டாமென்று கேட்டுக்கொள்ளப்படுகிறார்கள். தென்னிந்திய திரைப்பட வர்த்தக சபை சார்பில் அனைத்து தென்னிந்திய திரைப்படத்துறை அமைப்புக்களையும் அழைத்து கூட்டுக்கூட்டம் நே‌ற்று நடைபெ‌ற்றது.

:lol:

Really funny.

I think it is a bit put of place to write in other languages here.
The lingua franca is English on this forum (correct me if I am wrong).

Latest posts

Back