Greco Les Paul, i need help :) please

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cisca

Reaction score
hi to everyone.
there is a guy that is selling this guitar near where i live,and i'm interested. someone can say me which model is?
he says that is a EG700,serial number is H786410,has Fret Edge Binding, pick up type PAF and their serial is 180710,cables metal shielded and pot 24mm.
this is the photo.
thanks to everyone who help me,and sorry for my english.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mother_north/4583727028/

You?re posting some newer facts in THIS forum. So I?d guess the PU?s are PU-1 types. Post a pic of the lettering on the PU-groundplate.

sorry if it took me time to respond, but the guy selling the guitar had problems with mail. this week sent me photos.
I found these two guitars:

http://imageevent.com/chingo123/may2010/grecoegc6850lpcblack5194
550 $

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350319543319&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_4400wt_1137

how are them?

thanks

Most reports have been the Burny Customs are better than the Greco's.

I've never played either one. Just hearsay.

The white one is 10lbs, probably more than 10, as it says "about 10lbs" which can be code for 10.5lbs.
The black one from Chingo is about the same (10.25 lbs).

Don't know if weight is an issue for you, but Customs are often heavyish, and searching for a light Custom might take a while.
A light Custom may also have different specs that you aren't interested in, such as not being made of mahogany.

JVsearch said:
The white one is 10lbs, probably more than 10, as it says "about 10lbs" which can be code for 10.5lbs.
The black one from Chingo is about the same (10.25 lbs).

Don't know if weight is an issue for you, but Customs are often heavyish, and searching for a light Custom might take a while.
A light Custom may also have different specs that you aren't interested in, such as not being made of mahogany.

hi,I prefer heavy rather than light, gives me the idea of sound deeper.

finally i have to choose between the Greco EG700 (but i've found on the net the same guitar,with the same features and was a EG500) and this Burny:

http://www.subito.it/chitarra-burny-milano-12244164.htm?last=1

because are both in Italy and i can try both before buy.

cisca said:
hi
i've got another question :)
someone can say me something about Burny Explorer model?

i've found one like this:

http://www.paulplumeri.com/guitars/1980's_Burny_Explorer.jpg

I have one of those. Not sure what year though. It is a great guitar.

LarryC said:
maybe you should ask about Burnys in the Burny section... :roll:

cisca is getting excited. I don't think anyone here can blame him for that. :wink:

Mick51 said:
zepping said:

Maybe not the EG1000C.

If it's missing the sticker, how do you ascertain it's a 1000?

And even stickers can be, how shall I say it, not correct.

1000C. I'm now very curious . . .

zepping said:

i have played loads of both the mid range poly burnys and the mid range poly greco LPC's, I prefer neither over the other..

the greco super real EGC-1000's are high end, nitro finish and dry-z

villager said:
zepping said:

i have played loads of both the mid range poly burnys and the mid range poly greco LPC's, I prefer neither over the other..

the greco super real EGC-1000's are high end, nitro finish and dry-z

villager, I guess the 1000c also had a special TRC from what I've recently read.

Did they have an ebony fretboard, too?

(not all sellers are willing to pull out a pickup)

zepping said:
villager, I guess the 1000c also had a special TRC from what I've recently read.

If they aren't willing to pull out a p/up to sell a guitar, and you aren't 100% sure and satisfied, just move along. There will be another one, with a more motivated seller.

TRC - Reads "Super Real Custom" with "Super Real" in script, and "Custom" in typewriter style, a la Gibson "Les Paul Custom."

Yes, it is an ebony board. Not only is it dyed very dark/black, it is very fine grained and quite linear, virtually identical to my (early) 1969 LPC.

However, frets are quite tall and large, unlike the "fretless wonder."

Mick51 said:
zepping said:

If they aren't willing ..., just move along. There will be another one, with a more motivated seller.

Thank you Mick, that's a much needed perspective.

This sounds like a Custom to keep an eye peeled for. All the other Burny's and Greco's are just also-rans.

But are they all mahogany construction? My last question on the matter.

Thanks all.

zepping said:
Mick51 said:
zepping said:

If they aren't willing ..., just move along. There will be another one, with a more motivated seller.

Thank you Mick, that's a much needed perspective.

This sounds like a Custom to keep an eye peeled for. All the other Burny's and Greco's are just also-rans.

But are they all mahogany construction? My last question on the matter.

Thanks all.

Yes, the EG1000C is all mahogany. There is also a volute on the back of the headstock, like the mid to late 70's Norlins. Which is sort of puzzling to me, since the Standards - the 850, 1000, 1200, etc - didn't have the volute. Quite a chunky neck, but very nice to play.

Mine weighs a ton, even a bit heavier than the 1969 LPC. I've never weighed either, but they have to be over 10 pounds. Whether this is the norm or not, I can't tell you. But, it's not a problem to play for a couple hours, so it's not an issue for me.

Latest posts

Back