FRESHER" leo nine" GOLD TOP with p90s" FL-450

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojo hobo

Reaction score
Howdy fellas,
I do not own or ever owned a p90 equipped les paul or even a gold top before,so i could not stop the GAS taking hold again when i saw this one up for auction on YAHOO.jp I just had to have it...I was actually after another FRESHER model with a very a 59 burst flamed top,i lost that guitar by 500 yen ,it was a fl-800 i think!
So when i saw this beauty i had to have it,as a funny twist of fate would have it,when i was researching the fresher fl-800 i found a clip on you tube of this exact same model gold top fl-450s being played brillantly and it sounded fantastic,then when i lost the fl-800 i came across the gold top fresher,fate indeed/ :eek:

Here is the clip on you tube of a fresher fl-450s,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPane1nl50

P1000547.jpg

P1000544.jpg

P1000534.jpg

P1000543.jpg

P1000535.jpg

P1000532.jpg

P1000529.jpg

The body is pancake 2-3 piece mahogany layer,no maple cap as far as i can see,i will check later to be sure!
The tuners seemed to have been changed as there are other holes just visable,but they are very good tuners nice and smooth ,precise.
And the p90s are the dogs bullocks,GRITTY, GOOD SNARL,NOT ULTRA CLEAN HIGHS OR LOWS..NOT TOO MUCH HUM EITHER!

I love the sound of this guitar ,it weighs about 4.4kg ,plays nicely and sustains very, very good :) i might swap the tailpiece to a gotoh ali one i have laying around ,and at the same time change the ****** little ceramic chicklet caps to some vitamin qs PIOs i have laying around ,yes i have loads of stuff laying around ,what guitarist does not?

MOJO HOBO

CONGRATS, mojo!

The guitar looks great! I was watching the YouTube-clip a lot during the last weeks. The FL-450 S Goldtop sounds awesome! Same woody, honky & dry tone like my Fresher LS-800. I love it!
The original tuners mounted by Fresher are really ugly & cheap.

THANKS MOJOBURST..Nice to hear from you :D
This guitar has gone beyond all my expectations,The tuners i guess are the originals ,going by the "you tube" clip of the same model..They look the same if you look carefully...Also the catalogue pictures that posted when you got your beautiful FRESHER FL-800 show the tuners are the same and original.cannot understand what the extra holes are near these tuners ,like the screws were mounted at oppisite diagonal corners..mmmh!
What do you reckon?

Heres the catalogue page again...
freshercatalog1981.jpg

They look the same shape...machine heads...

IT IS A PRIVILEGE TO OWN A FRESHER AND BE A MEMBER OF THE FRESHER OWNERS CLUB ,WITH A DISTINGUISHED MEMBER AS YOURSELF! MOJOBURST

MOJO HOBO

HI mojo!

THANX for the compliments!

Here you?ll find a pic of the orig. tuners with their sheet metal-covers.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-les-pauls/64213-fresher-leo-line-interesting-guitar.html

I mounted a set of aged nickel Crazyparts single-line/single-ring Kuson-replicas on my Fresher. They?re lookin? great and are working superb.

AHH! So they have been replaced,the originals have the same hole markings as on the back on the headstock like i tried to describe..The tuners pretty good,though i do like the look of those CRAZYPARTS kulsons ...nice and expensive as well :eek:

That was UDOs fresher "LEO NINE " in the MPL post..i am sure he will post soon...

THANKS MOBURST!

MOJO HOBO

Yeah she sold and then I never got feedback from the buyer as he freaked out due to 2 frets having some grooving in them! The same frets that we pictured in the auction in high res...what a fool! I even refunded him $40 in shipping as it was cheaper than expected. Plus he got it for $430!? Come on...

Udonitron said:
Yeah she sold and then I never got feedback from the buyer as he freaked out due to 2 frets having some grooving in them! The same frets that we pictured in the auction in high res...what a fool! I even refunded him $40 in shipping as it was cheaper than expected. Plus he got it for $430!? Come on...

Know what you mean, there are more idiot buyers than sellers on ebay! Some people are never happy!

JohnA said:
Udonitron said:

Know what you mean, there are more idiot buyers than sellers on ebay! Some people are never happy!

I always include the following on all things I sell:

Item is described as accurately and honestly as possible. All items are sold "as is" with no refunds or returns.

marcusnieman said:

Item is described as accurately and honestly as possible. All items are sold "as is" with no refunds or returns.

I always say the opposite - Full refund less postage and ebay fees if you're not totally happy

I've had people whine about silly little things, but when you say 'ok send it back' they suddenly decide they want to keep it!

Hello johnA,
When i started to sell a few guitars on the bay last year...I always stated the same as you, a full refund service....And yes when people complained about minor things..that i overlooked or did not consider important in the auction listing ..they moaned...moaned,,,want money knocked off...trying there luck..i always stood my ground and said you saw the pictures ,read the auction listing..If you are not happy send it back ...i will pay for the return postage as well? :eek:
They usually say they like the guitar ,they want to keep it?
I now never offer a return policy ,i just make sure the listing is correct and a full decription of every ding,mark,knock..fret wear...cracked knobs..the list goes on....

MOJO HOBO

Sold a Burny Les Paul recently and the guy complained that there were no pointer washers under the knobs (clearly shown on the pics) and that the original guitar would have 'probably' had them.

Udonitron said:
marcusnieman said:

I always add that as well :D

I don't think statements like that would help if the buyer filed a dispute, I once had an 'item not as described' claim against me (there's the full story around here somewhere) All the buyer had to do was provide evidence that he'd posted something to my address, and he was refunded instantly by ebay/paypal.

As a buyer on ebay, you can ask a few questions and decide whether the seller is genuine, if you are a selling something you are obliged to deal with anyone who has access to the internet!

Sometimes I get questions like 'can you remove all the screws and take pictures of the threads', or 'will it sound better than my Ibanez?" I feel like adding themk to my blocked list there and then!!

JohnA said:
[

Sometimes I get questions like 'can you remove all the screws and take pictures of the threads', or 'will it sound better than my Ibanez?" I feel like adding themk to my blocked list there and then!!

My replies to those are:

1. No

2. Never played an Ibanez

Or I just don't reply.

Latest posts

Back