whats wrong here?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Front of headstock veneer at the top looks weird, but the back of the headstock looks fine.

There may be a crack in the body back starting near the strap pin.

In general it looks a bit odd (like there's a bit of damage).

I like these quizes...The headstock has the wrong logo"les paul model"..Been changed ,...mmmh!
I think the body looks a bit off , too thick one end,,,skinny the other...just does not look right...The truss rod cover should be a gibby bell shape...Though i am not sure when they changed to the arrow type.

What is the prize for getting it right...mark...the guitar...

MOJO HOBO

BlueThird said:
Serial number/tuners/truss rod cover/sticker suggest 1980; logo (Les Paul Model) suggests 1977/78?

Les Paul Model should read as Les Paul Reborn or Old. Front pic of the headstock looks like the top has been chewed off

Seller listed it as, is lightweight...hollow....But you know how bad these japanese translators are...."no sweet gingery sound "mentrioned LOL :( :D :lol:

There was models from 1980 with arrow truss rod cover,double ring tuners,love rock logo...no" les paul model"

Still think the body is off....concave..

MOJO HOBO

BlueThird said:
Serial number/tuners/truss rod cover/sticker suggest 1980; logo (Les Paul Model) suggests 1977/78?

Did they actually use "Les Paul Model" silk screens on them at any time? I just assumed that was put on by one of the past owners, and didn't bother to mention it.

I thought Tokai only used "Les Paul Reborn", "Reborn Old" and "Love Rock"?

TRC suggests it is a 1980.5/81 and on Love Rock...obviously the logo had a waterside decal applied and varnished over top, hence the pitted reflection at the open book.

JVsearch said:
Did they actually use "Les Paul Model" silk screens on them at any time? I thought Tokai only used "Les Paul Reborn", "Reborn Old" and "Love Rock"?
villager said:
correct never had a les paul model logo

I'm not about to say that I've seen one in the flesh, but I'd have hoped the following two sources would be reliable.

From the Tokai Registry:

Early 1977 Les Paul Model
1977-1979 Les Paul Reborn
1980 Reborn Old

From Tokai Germany (check the third para):

LS1.jpg

Back