Jeff Beck - class act

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cashcow

Reaction score
But that goes without saying. We know about his guitar playing, but I'd like to see his car collection.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/jeff-beck-0519/

jeffbeckita.jpg

So that's the Gibson interview with that well know Fender endorsee Jeff Beck?

WTF? :eek:

Mike

In a recent guitarist interview, Beck gave the standard Gibson issued press release about his signature Les Paul, nitro finish, just how they made them in the '50's etc, the interviewer asked if he actually played one, Nah! too heavy!! saif Jeff :D

^^ :lol:

yeah, to be fair to jeff beck, he probably has some fans who aren't about 80 too and who can lift them.

I'm joking, I'm joking, LPs are pretty heavy. I know every time I play my edwards (and it's fairly light for a lp) it's not too long before my back starts to hurt.

He was on the bbc breakfast news a couple of days ago. I missed most of it, just caught it in passing.

I see he fluffed a few notes on "somewhere over the rainbow" on Jools
Holland the other night it was pretty obvious even without the headslapping at the end :oops: at least he's human

Man!

I can't stop playing two certain tracks off the new album, "Never alone" and " Serene"
At first it may seem like the same old technique he uses, but on proper listening he really takes the texture and feel to a different place, and it just moves in a different way.

Sublime!

My first impression of him was as a Les Paul player when I first heard him in 1975 - bout the same time as Blow By Blow came out - with him on the cover and a Lester in hand:

http://www.vinylrecords.ch/J/JE/Jeff_Beck/Blow/jeff-beck-blow-10.jpg

If you do a search on youtube for 'jeff beck and Imelda May O2 'you'll get video's of Jeff playing various guitars including a Gretch Duojet.

He plays a mean rockabilly

I watched the Live version of Later with Jool and Jeff fluffed 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow'. I watched the longer version of the programme on the I-Player and he was note perfect on that one.

Looks like they let him do the song again.

Looking forward to seeing him again in Manchester with his new band in October.

Chris

Latest posts

Back