7okia tst '56

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderbrd

Reaction score
I just bought a 7okai TST '56 and am trying to date it. The serial number is 2137 on the neck plate. I would also like to know what the wood for the body is. Hopefully it is alder. It has a nice V shaped maple neck, a little on the thin side and is not to heavy. All you experts tell me as much as you can.
Thanks

Oh, BTW
I am not looking for info so I can sell this guitar. I have always loved Tokai's but never actually owned one. I bought this off a friend who did not know much about it except that he really liked it. I paid $275.

It all looks original.

thanks

Search - it's your friend.

Go to www.tokairegistry.com and under Dating & ID here is a headstock and logo chart for the Fender copies. Serial number doesn't work with these models.

Ned

I have searched and it looks like it's a 1984

Does anyone know what the wood for the body is.
It has the funny headstock

:D You have a guitar made of alder. My favorite for a strat. I happen to like the "funny" shape of the headstock, makes the guitar stand out, just a personal preferance. The TST is the same guitar as the AST only the TST stands for Tokyo Standard, AST is the export American Standard. Both great guitars. Enjoy! TG 8)

Latest posts

Back