Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just 'pimped' my Jazz Sound.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Basses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fender32
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Just 'pimped' my Jazz Sound. Reply with quote

This is my main bass and until this week it had a set of rusty (Precision Bass) tuners on and a rusty Fender style bridge . I thought that it deserved something better, so I stripped it down, polished it and fitted a set of Hipshot tuners (with the correct shape heads), a Hipshot bridge (very useful for quick string changes) and a WD Music pickguard ...

I did have to drill a few extra holes for the tuners and the pickguard, but I don't expect that I'll ever sell this bass, so it doesn't matter if I have affected the value of it in any way .

It's tightened up the sound a little too. The slap and pluck tones are a lot cleaner and snappier than they were with the old bridge on. It hasn't added any weight either, as the new tuners are lighter than the old ones, even though the bridge is a fraction heavier. All in all, I'm pretty chuffed with it now .
Goestoeleven
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orsum!!!

I'm not a bass player, but even I can appreciate that. Nice job dude!

Reminds me of the Precision that the late, great Howie Epstein played in the golden years of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers!

Altogether now: "She was... an American Girl!" Ahh.... Got me reaching for my Strat now.
stratman323

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one. I don't like coloured scratchplates on Strats but it's a great look on a white Jazz. Beautiful finish on the body - I guess that's one of the advantages of poly, it stays looking new for decades. My white SS60 is almost mint after 30 years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Basses All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: