Does anyone else think this is a 1991?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see a nib, that's why I said I rarely see nibs after 82' not that they didn't have them in 91" All the other features look later to me topcarve is more flat instead of curved like in 80' 81' cutaway isn't as sharp as the earlier models.:D
Udonitron said:
NWOBHM said:
Here's a monkey wrench. How can you be sure it had nibs, if it doesn't have them now? Just sayin :D

Oh I will see your wrench and raise you a Snap On truck full of wrenches lol...via this photo below: Took this photos for proof, check out that second fret and choose the 4000 DPI image ;) Almost all the frets are like that and if it were nib-less from the factory, there would be no trace or sign of those little ridges as the binding is a pre-made smooth strip.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobenis/4548520829/sizes/l/

4548520829_92866500eb_b.jpg

Well if it were an 81, it would have to be an early Mint 81. Funny that you say you hardly saw nibs after 82? Every Fuji-Gen Mint I have owned has had FEB on it so I am not sure if yours were all re-fretted but mine have had FEB.

My Super Real Custom (1982) and my EG59-60 (1984) have FEB. ;)

Hi - This is my guitar, its a excellent guitar, I always thought it was a 1981, it came with the double trick pickups, and i was getting low-ball offers, so i though I would sell the double trick's seperately. Like I said it did have FRET-Edge-binding, I dont think the 1991 had F-E-B ? I give people from outside the U.S. a one word answer on selling or shipping overseas , NO! ( the auction says U.S.A. auction only), so when someone outside of the the U.S. ask's about shipping - NO! ( to much of a pain-in the-A##) Anyway it is a great guitar - plays great, sounds great, and the neck feels just like a bunch of other 80-82 greco's i have had ( its a 1959 neck) I think the 1991 neck is a lot more thinner?

+ anybody in the U.S , If they are NOT happy with it ( but I know you will be) I will give a FULL REFUND - minus the shipping!

MIJ-VINTAGE " run far away" run far away from what ? I think its a 1981, and if it is a 1991, its still a great guitar ! As a matter of fact, ONLY the HIGHER-END ($1000 models ) in 1991 had F-E-B.

benrod said:
MIJ-VINTAGE " run far away" run far away from what ? I think its a 1981, and if it is a 1991, its still a great guitar ! As a matter of fact, ONLY the HIGHER-END ($1000 models ) in 1991 had F-E-B.

In the least, in the space of two listings the guitar has had three sets of pickups aka too suspicious for my interests.
As I said, in the least so, there are other issues.

but hey, there are those that will jump on board, I'm sure .................

MIJ-VINTAGE ----Are you the guy who bought the fresher from me about 5 weeks ago off of ebay for $499 - Did you not read my feedback , 100's of MIJ guitar's sold, and not one NEG. feedback. - I think you yourself left me great feedback ( Excellent Seller, Very Accommodating, Thanks! ). Like i said it had double trick pickups, (and the leads are very long ( original length) , but there were too many low-ball offers, So I am selling it with the screaming 82 greco pickups. HOw do you get 3 pairs of pickups ?

benrod said:
MIJ-VINTAGE ----Are you the guy who bought the fresher from me about 5 weeks ago off of ebay for $499 - Did you not read my feedback , 100's of MIJ guitar's sold, and not one NEG. feedback. - I think you yourself left me great feedback ( Excellent Seller, Very Accommodating, Thanks! ). Like i said it had double trick pickups, (and the leads are very long ( original length) , but there were too many low-ball offers, So I am selling it with the screaming 82 greco pickups. HOw do you get 3 pairs of pickups ?

your first listing stated the pics were taken when it had Gibson Classic 57s in it; that makes 3 pup sets by my fuzzy math ..............

Apr-29-10
Q: why would you put gibson classic 57s in there? double tricks sound better!!!
A: The 57's sounded good in my 335, I just wanted to try them in the greco.

Mij- Vintage - confused , I said in the 1st auction, the photo is shown with 57 gibson pickups in it, but it is BEING SOLD with the double trick pickups. And now the 2nd auction Screaming 82. That makes 2 sets, not 3.

benrod said:
Mij- Vintage - confused , I said in the 1st auction, the photo is shown with 57 gibson pickups in it, but it is BEING SOLD with the double trick pickups. And now the 2nd auction Screaming 82. That makes 2 sets, not 3.

yes, photos taken with Gibby 57s =1

selling it with DTs = 2

selling it again with Screamin = 3

I'm not confused, I read the listing & I read the replies to the questions too

You sound like an attorney, or a politician :lol: .................

It?s all semantics to me ????

If I want to sell a Monet but I have a picture of a Rembrandt, why would I leave it up to the small print to delineate my failure to post photos of the Monet?

It may seem like apples & oranges but I find that photographic representation is universal in sales, no matter what one is attempting to sell.

I have changed pickups & other items in some of my guitars myself but if there is a visual difference, I will make sure to post pics of the actual item(s) for all potential buyers to view.

but then hey ......................

I give - I guess your the only expert on MIJ greco's . Hell your the only expert on everything !

Latest posts

Back