vintage tokai replicas pricing

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On Jan 10th, a mint-condition LS-80 has been sold at Yen 118,000 (US$1,150). Yahoo auction url is hereunder (perhaps to be deleted soon)

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r6741227

Daizo, It's impossible to see the auction unless you're registred.
Anyway, most yahoo japanese seller refuse to sell outside japan.

Why most e-bay sellers refuse to sell to phillippines or indonesia?

US sellers say Indonsia & Malaysia are notorious for credit card fraud, though 90% of them won?t sell anywhere outside the US/Canada. Many also refuse Paypal or Credit cards on international sales, which means buyer has zero protection ... no way I?m going to send a cheque/MO for $1000 to a complete stranger in the US in the vague hope that I might get a decent guitar (that just applies to guitar stuff ... quite different in other categories such as antiques or whatever) :roll: .

Ian.

I am sorry that I did not know it needs registration even to view items.

> Anyway, most yahoo japanese seller refuse to sell outside japan.

Unfortunately, it is true due to language issues etc.. I have dispatched
guitars to US several times (I am not a dealer, though), but was nervous wondering if those guitars are transported safely to US. The shipment cost goes up considerably if guitars are in hard cases - just FYI.

Hi Daizo ? yes I agree, the language barrier is probably a big problem for Japanese sellers, but that?s a shame because I think they could get lots of buyers from UK & Europe (especially now that ? and Euro are strong against US-dollar).

When I buy guitars from Japan there?s no problem, they arrive safely & quickly & postage cost is reasonable (eg $100-$130, without HSC). I think people worry unnecessarily about guitars becoming lost or broken in postage, it can happen but it?s very rare.

Anyway, please tell us if you see interesting guitars for sale in Tokyo shops or on Japanese websites etc, ? it would be interesting to know what?s on sale there :-? .

Ian.

Yep, if it comes to that I?ve never had any problems with guitars from US either ... eg got a great 78 US Tele from a super guy named Mark Jenny in CA who only charged $75 insured postage (he's ?mjtele? on eBay)... also an immaculate Tele Body made by Brian Poe in Texas & posted free to London just because he was a week overdue doing it ... thought I?d give these guys a plug cos they deserve it (both take Paypal) :D .

Ian.

>I think they could get lots of buyers from UK & Europe
> (especially now that ? and Euro are strong against US-dollar).
>I think people worry unnecessarily about guitars becoming lost
> or broken in postage, it can happen but it's very rare.

I completely agree with you, Ian-san.

> please tell us if you see interesting guitars for sale in Tokyo shops
> or on Japanese websites etc, … it would be interesting to know
> what’s on sale there

Yes. I have used "alert functions" of Yahoo Auction by setting "Tokai" as the key search word since some years ago. It is quite interesting to observe variety of guitars on the auction - some are terrible and some immaculate. Inspired by your remarks, I have just created one web page to communicate in this forum, which shows some pictures which are drawing my attention ;

http://rsdaizo.hp.infoseek.co.jp/newpage13.shtml

I will not be able to update contents so frequently, but will upload some Tokai vintage pics FYI.

Daizo ? many thanks for those photos, ? two very nice looking guitars, & both very desirable models (early LS80 & ST80). Prices are good ? who?s selling those two, are they on some Japanese version of eBay/Yahoo, or is it a dealer?

Ian.

Those guitars have been sold at Yahoo Auction (Japanese version). It depends whether sellers are dealers or not. I tend to think that if the seller has too many "very good" evaluation from past buyers - for example more than 1000 -, then the seller can be regarded as a dealer or quasi professional trader.

I have added three pics of "1980, LS-80, Cherry Sunburst, Stored at the corner of a room for more than 20 years, rarely played, DiMarzio PAF, with original hard case". It's price has been going up, but still Yen 44k (US$440) as of today.

http://rsdaizo.hp.infoseek.co.jp/newpage13.shtml

Hi Daizo ? this Japanese Yahoo Auction is very interesting to me, I would really like to know more about guitar sales in Japan :-? .

Following your help, I looked at Japan Yahoo ? of course it?s written in Japanese & I don?t understand all the seller's descriptions. But they have several nice old Tokais and prices seem very good. Do you think those Japanese sellers will send guitars to UK, and will they take Paypal or Credit Cards etc? Is it worth me trying to reply to their adverts? :-?

Ian.

Hi Ian-san,

Unfortunately, few people participating in Japanese Yahoo Auction have experiences to send guitars to overseas and most likely they will not do so by quoting the note "(Seller will not ship internationally.)".

However, I can be an intermediary without any fees for you. Once you identify targets, I can post questions in Japanese under my name on behalf of you. I can also bid within given budgets and if I win the auction, I will get it and send them to UK where once I lived.
javascript:emoticon(':p')
In many cases, credit card should work.

For further details, pls write to me at kfd03611[ ]nifty.com. (put "@" in the bracket when sending).

Hoping to be helpful.

Daizo

Hi Daizo, Konnichiwa,

Many thanks for offering to help. OK, I'll keep watching J-Yahoo & contact you as soon as I see something interesting ... certainly lots of fine guitars there :-? .

Arigatou - gozaimasu.

Ian.

Back