LS-60 Reborn w/ FEB?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By fret edge binding I guess you mean neck binding??

I have a 1978 LS60 reborn that has neck binding and a one piece back. Little bit of flame on top too.

e-classics said:
By fret edge binding I guess you mean neck binding??

I have a 1978 LS60 reborn that has neck binding and a one piece back. Little bit of flame on top too.

No not neck binding.... it's the little nibs of binding that seemingly connect to each fret - like in the photo above

Is this the guitar in question?

tokails60lespaul05.jpg

Is that yours now, Cali?

You'd imagine that whoever wrote the blurb got it right, but the 60 stamp on that always looked pretty ambiguous to me.

BlueThird said:
Is that yours now, Cali?

You'd imagine that whoever wrote the blurb got it right, but the 60 stamp on that always looked pretty ambiguous to me.

No, I just happened to see the auction after reading this thread, and I wondered if I was seeing the same guitar. It's a strange bird!

I do not understand why there is any reason to doubt it could something other than a LS80. This is the way they were impressed, it's an 8..

jacco said:
I do not understand why there is any reason to doubt it could something other than a LS80. This is the way they were impressed, it's an 8..

I thought it was a 60 when I looked at the stamp, but I can see where I might be wrong. The hardware looks a little shinier than you see on an LS-80, but there are brass saddles on the bridge and the usual wear through the tailpiece.

It would be interesting to know what the headstock angle is. That would pretty much settle it.

Clearly looks like "60" to me...... please don't tell me my $5000 lasik job is going to waste 8)

Latest posts

Back