burny rlg-50 from japanguitars.co.uk

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the Les Paul

Reaction score
Hi,

Anybody knows this site? I've bought a 80's Burny RLG-50 from the guy called Mark Fletcher. But the guitar doesn't seem to arrive. I've heard good things about him and he's got one of the best collections of japan guitars I've seen, but now I feel doubtful. It's been a week now and he's on holiday so can't ask him to look after it. And I don't know which courier service he uses, so can't look after it myself. Has anybody here ever bought a guitar from this site?

Mark is thoroughly reliable. He will take care of it
He sold me a very nice 2005 Tokai LS-320 in 2009.
Give it a bit of time; it will arrive.

Don't know how long it takes to arrive, depends on where you live..
It took six days for mine to arrive. I think the postal service was something like Colissimo International. I wouldn't worry if I was you though.

the Les Paul said:
Hi,

Anybody knows this site? I've bought a 80's Burny RLG-50 from the guy called Mark Fletcher. But the guitar doesn't seem to arrive. I've heard good things about him and he's got one of the best collections of japan guitars I've seen, but now I feel doubtful. It's been a week now and he's on holiday so can't ask him to look after it. And I don't know which courier service he uses, so can't look after it myself. Has anybody here ever bought a guitar from this site?
Don't worry, actually Europe (France) have some troubles with european and international shipping. The air traffic was stopped during one week, so there were no overseas shipping (and big troubles in the EU).

Mark are reliable. Me and my friend have buy some Navigator and Tokai from him. My Navigator tok nearly 3 weeks to arrive. He was on holliday that time also. Don?t worry.

I have never purchased from Mark myself but I have heard only good things about his service

probably shouldn't get too concerned about it; have a beer & chillax ...........

If you're talkin' japanguitarsuk/villager, dude, that guys been selling MIJ guitars since before I knew they existed. If you're in the USA, you're payin' the price for buyin' from Europe.

Give it up buddy.

He is beyond reproach.

Thank you all! I'm in Europe anyways, so that's why I was worried, I'm not that far from France. Hope it arrives soon, I will post pics of it as soon as I get it.

the Les Paul said:
Thank you all! I'm in Europe anyways, so that's why I was worried, I'm not that far from France. Hope it arrives soon, I will post pics of it as soon as I get it.

villager's location is listed as "Middle of Nowhere.. France" so, considering your location it shouldn't take too long to get to you ............

but then again, maybe Mark shipped it to Iceland :lol: .............................

MIJvintage said:
but then again, maybe Mark shipped it to Iceland :lol: .............................

That's pretty funny, actually.
I had a guitar shipped from Europe that took a side-trip to Italy. Apparently someone there thought "USA" looked a lot like "ITA" on the shipping documents. Anyway, the guitar saw Italy, and I never have.. :cry:

Took it quite awhile to arrive here in Iowa, but, the wait was worth it. A year or two later, an extra couple weeks is no big deal.

Mick51 said:
MIJvintage said:

That's pretty funny, actually.
I had a guitar shipped from Europe that took a side-trip to Italy. Apparently someone there thought "USA" looked a lot like "ITA" on the shipping documents.

when I purchased my 2000 Tokai LS-320 from Japan a couple of years ago, it went to US Customs at O'Hare.
It was then supposed to come to me here in Saint Paul, MN but was instead shipped to Seattle, WA. :eek:
There was an old shipping label on the box that was never removed :roll: and of course the destination was in Seattle.
At least two entities screwed up on that one; the shipper (Sat aka Koiz) :roll: & the USPS :roll: :roll: ............
Sat was probably in a hurry to make one of his famous YouTube videos :p & the Postal Service .......... well, take a guess :lol: .......

Everything however ended OK, as the package was re-routed & referenced to the correct shipping label :D
As a bonus I was not pegged with a Customs duty on this one :D which would have been about 3 bills ..........

Ozeshin said:
I think Zepping's been snorting the Ash :eek:

:p

Only ash around here is from Mt. St. Helens. Too old to do anything to ya. (my yammy strat is made out of Sen. Thats not ash either. :x )

:p

Haven't heard anything bad about villager, except that he's definitely not operating a charity. :lol:

Can somebody help me figuring out what are the pickups exactly? And some info and experiences about them? I think they can be L8000 or VH2, but I don't know, never had a Burny before. The top is black, covers removed. (the pictures are from japanguitars.co.uk, it's still not in my hands)

DSCF7054_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

DSCF7056_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

You answered your own question, could be one or the other...

1982-84 L8000 pickups now with gray wire, yellow base plate over 8.0 ohms.
Often black/white (zebra) bobbins. Anybody know the readings of VH2's?

the Les Paul said:
Hi,

Don't worry,your Greco will arrive soon.I've dealt with Mark,he is the most honest trader.The combination with volcanic ash-Marks holidays may have caused this delivery delay.But you can be sure to get your guitar.

Latest posts

Back