Ever wondered how good Orvilles really are, follow up

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joop

Reaction score
Dear Orville (and by Gibson) lovers,

I told you the story of how I sold my '96 Fujigen Orville to a local guitar player in one of my previous posts.

Here is the evidence that the guitar is now is extremely good company :eek:)

http://www.slide.com/r/QXFyEFaW5z8aQIVZfa8NerhOjAhiooLb?map=2&cy=ms

The Orville is guitar no. 2. He only changed the thrusrod cover. His latest guitar is a '58 VOS Custom shop Les Paul. Have a look at all the impressive guitars that pass by. Would this guy buy anything below standard?

Once again, Fujigen Orville guitars are excellent and with some decent hard ware (also goes for Obg because they have exactly the same Japanse, yes sir , no USA stuff there, hardware bar the PU's) they are amongst the best out there, and if you add in the price, you can't get any better!

Cheers!

Regarding the chambered Gibson bodys,my opinion is that orvilles and obgs are even better,the wood quality used for mij guitars is another point gibson cannot beat.It's a shame to tell the people gibsons are close copy to the holy grail and sell chambered bodys or for the much more expensive reissues drill holes into :(

t.olsen said:
Regarding the chambered Gibson bodys,my opinion is that orvilles and obgs are even better,the wood quality used for mij guitars is another point gibson cannot beat.It's a shame to tell the people gibsons are close copy to the holy grail and sell chambered bodys or for the much more expensive reissues drill holes into :(

???Gibson reissues (custom shop) are solid body. As for wood quality being better on orvilles I think that's exaggerating. If you believe the honduran vs African hype then gibsons would be better. I personally think it comes down to the pieces used. Is it good and resonant or is it dead. Not too heavy not too light..etc. A nice piece of african will be better than a crap piece of honduran and vice versa.

soundcreation said:
t.olsen said:

???Gibson reissues (custom shop) are solid body. As for wood quality being better on orvilles I think that's exaggerating. If you believe the honduran vs African hype then gibsons would be better. I personally think it comes down to the pieces used. Is it good and resonant or is it dead. Not too heavy not too light..etc. A nice piece of african will be better than a crap piece of honduran and vice versa.

You are right,my fault :oops: http://www.lespaulforum.com/faqpage.html#weighti
Had something different in my mind

Back